Which truck mounted leaf collection system is best/strongest?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by syzer, Sep 2, 2006.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

We are about to pick up a nice leaf collection unit for our dump, but am unsure of what to get. Its tough since we have no experience with any of the units out there. Can you guys shed some incite on this?

Which unit do you think is top?

1. Giant Vac
    2. Billy Goat
    3. Little Wonder

2. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Tried to post a poll, that didnt work too well =)

3. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

billygoat been around awhile but little wonder has a nice looking leaf vac! A billy goat 16 hp model will be a great addition for you!! thanks george

4. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Little wonder last fall. It has the 23 horse Kohler Engine on it. That thing has some power boy! It almost sucked the shoe off my foot the other day.

I pick up my grass with it, and it just cobbles it up. I can suck up a huge pile of heavy grass in no time. The pile is from 5 five yards. The yards are all about a half acre a piece. The Little Wonder also shreds the grass/ leafs too.

5. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

i am looking for a leaf vac too. i think i am going to get a 16hp model becasue i don;t have a huge amount of leaves per house becasue i have lie tops 2000 sqaure fott homes i do. I think a litle wonder is good for me. What do these things go for new. LawnInOrder

6. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

they are pricey vacs but awesome looking machine i think they are around $4,300 dont hold me to that!!