1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which truck to buy...?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by DoetschOutdoor, Jan 3, 2010.

1. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

For money, style, and price I have to admit the Ford 2002-2006 5.4L are good. I am a Chevy fan but I have heard good things with the 5.4 engine except the early models where the there was an intake leak.

Chevy has the Vortec line and the 6.0 is the best for MPG and Power. My goal is to drop one in my truck since the body on mine is mint.

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

$11,995
    17 Photos 1 Video Used 2005 Ford F250 4x4 Crew Cab Super Duty

346,254 miles
    White
    CALL ANTHONY DANTE TODAY AT 314-795-8139 FOR A SPECIAL INTERNET DISCOUNT AT 314-795-8139. WHY BUY NEW AND SPEND TENS OF THOUSANDS,OR SAVE A TON, BUY PRE-OWNED AND HAVE YOURSELF A WONDERFUL TRUCK. CALL TODAY WE WILL NOT HESITATE TO LET YOU EVEN TAK... View more details

16 miles from ZIP code 63043
    Save this car

GTR Auto Sales

1-866-587-4565
    CALL ANTHONY FOR HUGE SAVINGS
    ASK FOR ANTHONY
    View our inventory
    Get a CARFAX
    Record Check

Well Anthoney here is smoking crack if he thinks a truck with a 1/3 of a million miles on it is worth $12 grand.

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

a 2500HD Chevy in the 02-07 range with the 6.0 would be the perfect truck for you.. Just my opinion..

4. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Thats what Im finding out Junior as I look more and more. If this newer truck can hold up to half the abuse I put my little truck through now, Id be perfectly happy. I really like the dodges but too many of my friends have cummins and I just would not hear the end of it if I got a hemi.

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Um no the 6.0 is not good for fuel economy..

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, the only thing worse than the 6.0 for mpg is the 8.1..

and its not much worse!