Which Truck/trailer Is Best?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Lil'MowinMan93, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Lil'MowinMan93

Lil'MowinMan93 LawnSite Member

I'll only buy chevy's or gmc's so im woundering if i should buya 1500 or 2500. I know i want a 4x4 reg or ext cab. Plus i'm going to be plowing. This time next year i hope to be pulling a walkbehind w/sulky or encore z34 with backpack,trimmer etc. Single axle prob. 6x12. Undecided as to open or enclosed and what brand. What do You think?

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

2500. If you have the money, go enclosed.

3. Lil'MowinMan93

yea everyone is telling me 2500. the one nice thing about the enclosed is if its gunna rain you don't have to pull the trailer or unload the mowers into a garage to keep em' dry.

4. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I'd suggest buying bigger than a 6x12, as well.

We have 7x14 enclosed that is next to worthless, due to the fact that we've outgrown it so much.

I'd suggest at least a 7x16 tandem axle.

Just my .02.

5. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

open is more versaitle imo. ive had both and sold the enclosed for an open trailer that has the potential to do waaaaay more.

6. Lil'MowinMan93

yea i got my dad's 5x10 open which im only pulling 2 lawnboy's and echo's but im buying a walk behind or rider next year. you kno u make a good point. i could see the open having an advantage if you put the trimmer racks and crap on the curb side so u don't have to keep going in and out of the trailer. i think i'll out grow this one then go to a 6x12 or bigger