Which truck would you buy for a

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PLS-Tx, Apr 15, 2008.

1. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

8.5x20 Pace enclosed trailer, with 2 60" ztr's? The trailer empty is just under 3,000 lbs.

2. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

a 3/4ton or a 1 ton. We have a 24' trailer with 10k gross weight and it is heavy.

:)

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

A 3/4 or 1ton I just bought a 8.5'X18' with three mowers and i pull it with my 3/4 Ton Silverado...Just make sure you get the towing mirrors

4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

3/4 ton. :)

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

There's a guy around town that has a 8x20 that he pulls with an F150. With two snapper Z's in it he looks hella stupid going down the road. He says, "but it will tow 10.5k". I would hate to see it in a panic stop.

6. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Get at least a 3/4 ton and replace the stock hitch with a real class V hitch. I bought an Ultra Frame from DrawTite and it's a beast. 1200 lb. hitch weight and 12,000 tow capacity without weight distribution. Most stock hitches have 500/5,000.

7. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

these questions boggle my mind. assuming you use 2 60" ZTR's you must be fairly busy, and to get that busy you must have a bit a knowledge on how to run a business (compliment). so how, after doing all of this, do you not know how to make an educated descion on what type of truck to pull a trailer?? maybe i woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning but if came on here and asked "hey guys, i do over 100 lawns a week and im finally buying a trimmer, what is the best one for trimming 100 lawns??"....that would come across plain stupid

did i miss something???

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with the above. I would be looking at a 1 ton truck!

9. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Sorry wasen't trying to boggle anyone's mind.:confused:

I wasn't asking if I could pull this trailer with a 4 cyl., and I don't remember asking anything about a trimmer, but thanks anyway. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

O.k., I was in a bit of a hurry when I asked this question, let me be a little more specific.

I have a Dodge 1 ton, with a Cummings, and I'm thinking about getting a new truck. I don't want another Dodge, I'm looking at Ford and Chevy. I will probably get another diesel, but with the cost of diesel being what it is, I was thinking about a gas engine, but I suppose the fuel mileage would suffer considerably.

I'm sure diesel vs. gas has been beat to death on here. I know I could do a search, but I'm to lazy :laugh:. Seriously, the treads that I may find in a search may be back when diesel was much less than gas, besides it's more fun to talk about it.

Thanks for any replys!!!:waving:

10. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of equip do u pull in urs?