Which Truck??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Aura Lawns, Mar 13, 2014.

1. scag2015

scag2015 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dude, get something that will work, there's more to life than your friends expression for the next week, after that they stop talking about it and just paid 30k more than you should!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Hey, at least he's honest.

3. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

In reality they will talk about the last part. I get more looks with my 93 del sol si with 216k on it than someone with a new truck. Because its bright green, rare, fast, and loud haha. I get a lot of looks with my 93 Chevy 3500 diesel because it has a sun roof and all the wheels are blacked out. Something unusual will always grab more attention than a new vehicle.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  4. Grant11

Grant11 LawnSite Senior Member

I know you're a real young guy so here's my .02. Don't go into debt.

5. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Wrong reasoning for buying a particular truck
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Personally, and professionally I would never buy anything to impress someone I would buy it because I actually needed it and something that was actually priced right. Although can you tell me how much money you'll make by impressing your friends? Cause if it's more than 10 grand than go for it...If not You might want to buy something more practical....

7. scag2015

Yup yup, last few posts are a gold mine of knowledge, listen to em!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. scag2015

Lol:), point taken but, my post defiantly still stands:)!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

That's why I switched to new it pissed me off looking for good used trucks they always seemed to have obscene miles with rude prices as well. I get the diesel requirement I share that with you. But that 2011 ram has 62,750 miles on her, my god man thats high my 2011 ram is at 24,000. It got very old buying trucks with more miles on them then I was ever going to put on them in my time with them. Now low mileage would be my 2012 ram shes at 8,500 miles :)

10. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Am I alone in that I drive 30k a year??? 2011 ram with 24k? at my rate id have 80-90k on it in 3 years.