1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which Turf Revitalizer model?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by JoJo1990, May 20, 2010.

1. JoJo1990

JoJo1990 LawnSite Member

It's not a question of IF, but WHEN I purchase the turf revitalizer from Lawn Solutions.

I'm torn between the 9hp 20" model of the 13hp 24" model. Can any of you guys that own them now share your thoughts please? My average size yard that I treat is 7,500 square feet, with the largest being about 29K as of current. I do have a few standard size fence gates to get into, but other than that, nothing out of the ordinary. I would like to add a sulky to it as well. Any war stories would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
  2. jnt412

jnt412 LawnSite Member

I'm interested to see the responses. I saw one at HomeDepot yesterday at the rental center. Maybe you can try one out at your local HomeDepot...

And David.. (the LP Solutions guy).. I posted a comment on your profile and still waiting on your response..

3. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

Your first TR should for sure be a 20 inch 9hp. The bigger units may not fit through all gates - and that would suck if you got 4 more inches and it did not fit. Even the 20 inch has scraped the sides getting in a few yards. Keep in mind it seeds at 20 inches but you still have sides and tires. I think a 20 inch is still about 32 wide??
    I do about 40K a year in seeding jobs and use a 20 inch - 9 hp model. This unit will do most all jobs and even the bigger ones. I have used the 30 inch 13 hp many times on larger jobs (two at a time) but the 20 inch can do it all and is easy to manuver. Good Luck!
  4. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

20" model is 31.5" wide
    24" model is 35.5" wide

They were designed to be as large as possible but still go through a standard sized gate.
  5. EastCoast

EastCoast LawnSite Senior Member

I have the LS Turf Revitilizer 9hp model purchased earlier this year for my home 1/4 acre. Great size for my property and also fits through my gates.

Great machine..... thatched and seeded in March with quality seeds 80% KBG, 20% Per. Rye and my lawn looks amazing!
  6. EastCoast

Some photos two months after using my using my LS Turf Revitilizer 9hp....

7. jnt412

jnt412 LawnSite Member

Very nice.
  8. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

Is that white rust mold? How did you get it to grow into a Yankee logo?? - :rolleyes: How about that player that stepped on his bat running to first and broke his ankle? :laugh:

On a side note - Very nice grass dude!
  9. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice lawn.

But I gotta question...Why in the world would you buy a $3500.00 piece of equipment that you will only use maybe once a year for your own lawn.

Did I miss something here....
  10. EastCoast

Why... because I love to maintain my grounds better than the landscapers maintain my neighbors.

If I use this machine 3 times a year that's my prerogative.... I could sell it in a heart beat if needed.... but the main reason.... buy quality equiptment and you see great results.

All my equiptment is commercial grade.... I don't cut corners on my equiptment.