which type of mobile device

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by nosparkplugs, Jul 28, 2009.

1. mudwisr2

mudwisr2 LawnSite Senior Member

Blackberry curve. Not sure if I'm just more careful with it or what but I am only on my second one. The first lasted a year before I messed it up. I would previously go through 5 or more phones a year.

Like someone else said, the browser is priceless as well as the GPS feature. I use both on a daily basis. Technology can be a real time saver and really make the day go smoother.

2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

what does the curve allow you to do?

3. Disgruntled_Veteran

Disgruntled_Veteran LawnSite Member

Very true , it was only 10 years ago and us regular people were not using cell phones yet.. Now I cannot leave home with out it... Feel naked;)

I needed a PDA phone went down to Verizon , they had the Black Berry Storms for the same price as the rest .. ( Its just like the Iphones but you have to push the screen in and it clicks ) Love it ..

I have it in a plastic 20dollar case , I beat the hell out of it and its been truckin for 8 months , no scratches or problems.. I would wait till the next series comes out , so all the glitches are fixed.. none that I can see other than it running slow with some apps like a computer ...

4. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Blackberry Storm from Verizon. I just put it in a cheap holster and it has held up really well. Great for looking up directions, email, web, and also use it as a radio when hand pruning shrubs and don't want to wear my worktunes.

I have had it since December IIRC.

5. Disgruntled_Veteran

Disgruntled_Veteran LawnSite Member

Greg , have you used the Visual Voice mail feature , ... It cost me 2 more bucks a month but it helps me with my customers..