Which version of Quickbooks?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bill8379, Dec 12, 2007.

1. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking at ordering quickbooks 2008. I have Vista now and, well I was going to default and buy Pro but the email they sent me said something about "Industry specific" in Premiere.

Which do think would be better for lawn care?

2. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

I want to say we use Pro, but Im not sure. I do know that if you have payroll you subscribe to the payroll service and get the new edition each year. We are switching to online edition after the year end in order to access from multiple locations. It will allow me to do work from home and will eliminate trips to the office for small things.

3. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

Quickbooks Pro = $200.00
    Quickbooks Premier = $450.00
    Quickbooks Enterprise = $3000.00

Just a hint, but if I ever upgrade from QB Pro 2003 I wont be paying 3k for it!

I think that you will find that their Industry Specific software will not conform that well for a lawn care business. It is geared for "construction" business and might be ok for a landscape installation company. My suggestion would be to use QB Pro and if you need more try another software package that is specifically geared toward the lawn care industry. I don't do lawn care/mowing so I cannot suggest a product but I can tell you that in my landscape construction business, I do very well with QB Pro and... I really cannot see the benefits the extra $250 would get me and I especially can't see $3000.

4. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought the premier contactor, it was on sale at staples for $299. I did notice that some of the info from outlook didn't tansfer to quickbooks because it doesn't have the fields that outlook with contact manger has. It kind of sucks because now I have to go over 150 clients info and see what has to be added. There is a program to download that transfers the info but they could have done a better job, half of the fields didn't tranfer over. My professors would have failed me for that transfer program when I was in college, for over $300 they did a half a$$ job. I've only used it for a couple hours and alot of features are nice but some should be there and aren't but maybe it's just because I not use to it.