1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which version would suit me best?

Discussion in 'CLIP Software' started by Lawns of KY, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Lawns of KY

Lawns of KY LawnSite Member

I have a commercial landscaping/lawn maintenance business that is growing quickly. The first season I had about 15 clients, second season 27, and this coming spring around 55. I anticipate to grow to 2 crews (3 or 4 men each crew) this year and adding 1 crew a year for the next 4 or 5 years. Our company offers mowing, mulching, landscape design, landscape installation, irrigation maintenance, and snow removal.

I currently have my crew leaders fill out a Landscape Management form for each job each day. This form has the time in/out of the job site and which services we provided on that visit. I want to eliminate as much of that form as possible. My goal is to be as efficient as possible in job routing, scheduling, and time tracking. I would like to track job costs as well. Which version of the CLIP software is best for me? What kind of costs are associated with the version recommended? Will this link up with Quickbooks Pro 2006?

Thanks for any help you can give.
  2. hoyboy

hoyboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

Splurge for the Visual Pro with the Projects module and the Quickbooks link. Get the invoice module too. yes, it works with QB 2006.

3. dkmathias

dkmathias LawnSite Member

Thanks for your inquiry.

Given all the services you are performing for your customers, you will want to look at a Pro Version.

All of our versions are heavy into job costing and will provide you all the data required to determine if your jobs are profitable or not. You can then use that information to weed out your under-performing jobs and/or customers.

If you want to eliminate the paperwork look at one of our electronic options in CLIPTrak or CLIPConnect. Both options can allow route sheets and the subsequent recording of jobs to be completed electronically.

We do link up with Quickbooks 2006 Pro version or higher.

Feel free to contact Tina at 800-635-8485 ext. 3160 and she can discuss pricing options with you and get a demo out to you for you to test in your office.

Thanks for checking with us.

David K. Mathias
    VP - Sales and Support
    CLIP Software