Which W/b to get?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by S man, Dec 27, 2006.

1. iamthelawnman

iamthelawnman LawnSite Member

nice to see you still mow'en for fun. i agree with you on that one runner, my kaw. sucks when i mow thick grass. and a bear to star cold, i have four kaw's
    one 17 hp' two 19 hp' and a 25 hp' and they all are the same i am leaning with the Kohler.

2. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks everyone for the advice. The toro I was talking about had the single blade 32" floating recycler deck. My dealer said it mulches the best. But I want the turbo force anyway.

How easy is it to mulch with the turbo force deck? And bag?

Toro tru trac sulky, any good?

3. S man

Bump. anyone

4. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

The trutrac is expensive ($500). I would buy a bullrider instead. The deck does fine in bagging but I don't know about mulching. I assume it would do well. If you really want the turbo force deck you must get a 36. The 32 fixed deck is a normal deck not turbo force. Do you know the size of the smallest gate you must go through?

5. S man

Gates, I would say most yards could get a 36 to 40" through that I do. Is the 3 blade turbo better than having only 2 with the 36"?

6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Scott, what ever you do stay away from pistol grips IMHO. I've never mulched with my Toro T-bar 48' fixed deck but the guy that i bought mine from had 2 of these and had the mulching kit on it and said it works fine. Mulching really only work well if you stay with the 1/3 rule and try not to cut really long grass. The Kawi. is a great eng. alway starts easily and runs strong.I have it on mine. When you get your mower get a Velke too they are smaller than many other sulkies and won't bump into stuff or run over beds when making sharp turns.

7. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

3 blades makes the cut cleaner. It alos makes the mower shorter so you can fit more on a trailer and it also makes it easier to turn.

8. S man

Thanks Guys. I'm really narrowing my mower down now. I might get the toro 40" fixed tf w/ 15 kai. But first need a truck. I might have a gmc 99 siera w/ trailer hitch soon. :clapping:

9. S man

Bump anyone?

Why is my thread in the "starting a business" forum?