Which walk behind

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Jetski900stx, May 19, 2004.

1. Jetski900stx

Jetski900stx LawnSite Member

I am a homeowner looking to get a wb, either a 36 or 48 inch. Which brand should I get? Not a large budget, looking to stay around $2000. I have looked at the Bradley's on ebay but no local dealer to demo. I will only be using the mower 1-2 hours per week.

Thanks

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

For $2000.00 you can buy a 36" exmark belt drive walk behind.
    Last mower you will ever buy.
    Depends how large your prop is............A 48" may work better for you.
    There are many good quality mower manufacturers out there these days,but I would stay away from the bradley,It's not one of them in my opinion.

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Landscapers supply advertises a 48" walk behind for 1995.00
    That would probably do a homeowner well..................

4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

If I were you I would spend more money and get a mower that won't dissapoint you...A BOB-CAT.
    I just got a new 48" belt drive Bob-Cat mower w/ 15 hp Kawasaki engine.

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob-Cat is definitely #1

5. BOSS MAN

BOSS MAN LawnSite Member

Personally I would get the TORO 36'' WB with a floating deck and a belt drive. It will be the last mower you ever buy. We run about twenty of them each day and we've never had a problem. Just make sure to change the oil and filters according to the owners manul. I wouldn't know when to change them if you're going to use it an hour or two a week.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I second that!!!!!
    John

7. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

John are you really going 180 on Exmark. I am in the shopping process and I'm concerened. I like my Metro but if there is a problem with management than I dont want to get stuck with problems. If anybody should have gotten good service it was you, so am I to read that as something changing up top?

8. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Jetski,

Take a look at the Better Outdoor Products Quick 36 mower. It's a better "bang for the buck" in the 2-Grand range.

www.betteroutdoorproducts.com

Gary

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I could have not said it better my self:D Thank you.
    It was the dealer that did it to me. I still think that exmark should have replaced the mower or just bought it back(It is a long story) Try the mower before you buy it. And make shure that the dealer is going to give you a loaner or that they can fix it right the first time.
    There is nothing wrong with an exmark mower. Just make sure the dealer is a good one. This is my first real problem mower from them and ive had over the years 20 or more lazers and turf tracers.
    John

10. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked at a Bradly at a dealer and they look decent. 36'' cut 15hp Kohler $1800 not bad, I may get one.

You may check them out.