Which walkbehind and riding lawnmower to buy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TexasMows, Jul 27, 2012.

1. TexasMows

TexasMows LawnSite Member

Hey Everyone!
    I am new here to lawnsite.com and figured I might as well just go ahead and dive right in and see what this is all about. I just graduated from school and I am looking to start my own landscaping business. I have been doing a good amount of research on some Redmax and Dixon product lines and I also came across some positive comments on Ybravo for a push behind mower (the 25 being peoples preference. The amount of surface area the mower cuts is 20% greater then the 21 model, saving you time and gas.) You guys have any experience with these product lines? Do you not recommend a certain line? Which ones are your favorite and most durable?

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The Ybravo looks like it is built like a tank and it is. One problem you might have is man handling it on turns. However we bought the top end Honda and it is a load to run but reliable. Never seen any Dixon units in our area.

3. TexasMows

TexasMows LawnSite Member

Over the weekend I was talking with someone who also recommended the larger Ybravo. Think thats my best bet! Thanks for your imput

4. Acres Green Landscaping

Acres Green Landscaping LawnSite Member

If you talk to any Profitable, key word, ..... Company who has been in business for a while, they will almost always tell you they started with a push mower, one man, and grew over the years. I started with a 21 " craftsman mower, used for 3 mths got a snapped 36 walkbehind and now set up with the best mower on the market,EXMARK . Long story short I never financed a mower, what's a new company gonna do in winter with a payment, let's say repo. There is definitely a peace of mind in having no payments, all profit. I did not buy my equipment new either. Craigslist allways has something that is a very good deal, you just have to look. My equipment never fails and cuts perfect. Now on the size of mowers, let's take a look at ALL major companys, they have a push mower, 36, 48, and 60 and in that order. I have a 48 exmark with mulch kit.(money maker), I save time on leaf clean up, pruning, this thing is amazing, cut compared to walker cut. No other mower can do this. I use my 36 for gates only, there is a reason they make bigger decks, to be more efficient. I hope this helps, but don't take my word, call your local landscape company, most will be more than willing to give advice.
    Posted via Mobile Device