which wires for scag lights?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ho5tile, May 23, 2006.

1. ho5tile

ho5tile LawnSite Member

I have spent several hours serching this but cant get a clear picture/diagram of which wires to use if I want to put aftermarket lights on my turf tiger/scag.
    its an 06 year model 27 horse koler 61" cut. Can anybody help me? If you have done this all I need is a pic of the wire harness. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

All I would do is connect a in-line 20 amp fuse holder to the pos. battery lead on the starter solenoid. From the other end of the fuse holder a 14 ga. wire to a 20 amp two post toggle switch mounted where ever on the unit, Then run the two positive light wires to the other post on the switch and hook the two negitive light wires to a good body ground. If the lights you buy only has one wire and grounds thru the mounting brackets all the easier as long as they are mounted to metal and not plastic.

Wiring this way would eleminate any future problems with overloading the factory wire harness on the unit because the lights would be on their own harness (circuit).
    Good Luck

3. ho5tile

ho5tile LawnSite Member

Even better idea, I like that. What was that old saying "keep it siple stupid". thats why I come to this site, for great tips/ideas. Thanks Restrorob, looks like im off to the parts store for a few goodies then.

4. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

my SCAG OEM light kit is a basic 2 prong switch mounted on thr back of the right side light mounting bracket with a quick disconect plug with the wires with a inline fuse running to the battery terminals if you still need pictures let me know . twj