which works better? Door hangers or Direct Mailers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Tholmes1, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Tholmes1

Tholmes1 LawnSite Member

I am looking to pick up more work this spring as most of us are. Just wondering which has worked better for you guys in the past. Direct mailers or door hangers. And for those that have done direct mailers, is the price just the same as stamps for mailing them? Any input is welcome, thanks
  2. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

We at Adeas have great prices on both! We have lawn care customers who prefer both too. I guess it depends on how many you want to put out there & also if you want to do the face to face kind of introductions that hanging door hangers could allow for. Direct mailing can really be convenient when you want to print a big amount of ads. Take at look at what really makes our door hangers & direct mailings different. I'm talking about Band-It & Stick-It!

We can send you FREE sample packets to check out our quality! We are competitively priced & have a lot of great specials! We can also help you decide what might be best for your needs!

Call us!

Robin Christopherson
A'DEAS Printing
    Home of Band-It & Stick-It® Products
    (316) 269-2494 ext. 204
    (866) 251-3181 fax
    719 S. St. Francis
    Wichita, KS 67211
  3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Door hangers
  4. DPKutter

DPKutter LawnSite Member

Direct mailers will cost you a small fortune compared to passing them out yourself over the next month. I've had a lot of luck with flyers, but I've never tried the door hangers... Good luck :)
  5. Tholmes1

Tholmes1 LawnSite Member

After I pay my 2 guys to pass out door hangers they actually come out to be basically the same price as postcards. So I cannot decide, I would prefer to give my guys the work if it costs me the same as long as the results are about the same. I was hoping someone has tried both to get an idea on the results.
  6. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

I received 1000 stick-it door hanger from them last year and they were pretty high quality for the price. I was pleased.
  7. Wiedmann

Wiedmann LawnSite Member

If you were a business going into its second year and had to decide on advertising.. what would you pick??

Door hangers or direct mail?

I've thought of doing
    5,000 direct mail postcards.. cost over $2,000
    5,000 door hangers ... cost few $100

I'm trying to grow my customer base by 20 customers. I'm offering mowing, spraying and small landscaping work. mostly mulch and such. I'm in the works to having a website built and will be up soon. I was set on doing most all post cards but then i started to hear on here of guys not having that much luck and with the cost of postage so high it would take forever to get my money back it seems..
  8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

5000 direct mail postcards including mailing list would not cost $2000.
    I think you could knock off almost $500 using Adeas current special.
  9. Barrett Landscaping

Barrett Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

my opinion is that people dont like door hangers as much since its junk on their door. that being said i used door hangers last year and had a decent responce. it was a pita to walk around and send them out though.
  10. Barrett Landscaping

Barrett Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

for 4,000 post cards it was around 1400.