1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

which would be more beneficial?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, May 3, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i want to expand my business and offer either mulch installation and removal or snow plowing. my question is mainly for people in my area, but everyone feel free to answer. which would make me more money, a truck with a plow or a truck with a dump bed? i can only afford one or the other but not both. thanks.

2. btnj47

btnj47 LawnSite Senior Member

Find a good used mason dump with a plow already on it. then you will have best of both worlds. and you can start making double. cant count on snow alone mother nature is unpredictable
  3. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

How much snow do you get in Kentucky ? How long is your winter months ?
  4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I would concentrate more on aeration, overseeding, and chemical applications for your area. I thought about snow removal but the costs of getting into it compared to the benefit isn't worth it. It doesn't snow much around here and were farther north than you. Landscaping, retaining walls and patios are where the money is at least in this area. Mowing has taken a dump and the profit is gone with all the lowballers around here.