which would you choose cub cadet 36" with gravely 36"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CHEVYCRAIG, Jul 4, 2005.

1. CHEVYCRAIG

CHEVYCRAIG LawnSite Member

I have a limited buget for this year, would like to add a smaller mower.Im looking at a cub cadet G1336 walk behind $2399 and a gravely GR1336FX 36"walk behind $2599 Dixon also has a w/b for $2,000 but looks like you get wht you pay for.I cut back to 7 lawn this year ,but next will be about 15 lawn again mostly all my lawns are 1/4 acre to 1/3 acre.Already have 42" cut ztr to add to the mix.Ferris, exmark,scagg run too much in my area!

2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Much better mower IMO. I think you should demo both though and see which one suits you best.

3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

only got 7 lawns. that are only 1/4, use a 21" dont spend thousands of dollars on a mower when your not even going to make it back in a month. atleast thats my oppinion if ya only have 7... just use the 21 and get a good edger, weedwhip, and blower, and once ya get your 15 then step it up a notch. but you say ya have a 42" so if thats the case just use that, no need to buy a 36 for 7 lawns

4. CHEVYCRAIG

CHEVYCRAIG LawnSite Member

I can get 15 in heart beat around here. If I get A 36 my son can use the ztr and I can scully the walk behind in stead of a 21".lookin at smaller commercials next year.

5. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Go with the Gravely.

This may be out of the budget, but I'd probably get the Gravely 36" with the Hydro's and the 15hp. It will be about a grand more, but its worth it in the long run. Its the same chassis/hardware used with the larger decks.
    PLUS, that version will pull a Velke, no problem.