Which would you choose?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SUPRASPORT, Dec 8, 2004.

1. SUPRASPORT

SUPRASPORT LawnSite Member

I sold my JD245 garden tractor and i want to get a ztr. I had planned on the JD717A, but i found out a friend of mine in a nearby city (45 miles away) owns a Ransomes/Bobcat dealership. The JD has the Kawasaki 19HP as does the Bobcat ZT219. The JD has the 48" 7 gauge deck, the Bobcat has a 52" 10 gauge fabricated deck. The best price i could get on the JD is $6000 and $6299 on the Bobcat. My friend that owns the dealership says he will sell me the Bobcat for $5600 The mower will only be used for my residence. (1.5 acre) Don't know too much about the Bobcat mowers and i hope i'am comparing apples to apples. Which would you choose?---Thanks alot --Todd

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I would go with the Bob cat for $5600. 19 hp is a little bit small for a 52" deck but if your only mowing your yard with it then it would be fine. They are both good mowers but i'm just not really a big JD fan. I have heard good things about both mowers and i'm sure you'd be happy with either one.

3. JCW-G

JCW-G LawnSite Member

Todd,
    I know this doesn't answer your question but,I have learned from experience to: never sell anything to a family member and,never do any type of business that involves money with a friend.
    A lost friendship is not worth saving a few dollars.
    Good Luck

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

ransomes is a very good value for the money.

5. SUPRASPORT

SUPRASPORT LawnSite Member

I decided on the Bobcat. Will pick it up next saturday the 18th. Wish me luck.---Todd

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Your town's name is CLIMAX??? That's a hoot...LOL

7. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

You ever hear of Intercourse, PA. Right in the middle of AMISH country. Go Figure

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

We have a Climax va and a Tightsqueeze va and also a small town called Hurt Va close by where I am at.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

We have a city here named Hell