Which would you get 3/4ton or 1/2ton truck

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by TheHammer, Jan 19, 2008.

1. zMaster225

zMaster225 LawnSite Member

You seem to have trouble picking out a truck in the 1st place
  2. cowboytim

cowboytim LawnSite Member
    from MN

one ton all the way especially if you will plow or pull bobcat. 1/2 ton for odds and ends
  3. George Mason

George Mason LawnSite Member

Just yesterday I got the title to a 2001 Ford F350. I hated to get a new truck when my old and faithful Dodge Ram 1500, aptly named "The Beast," was still doing the trick. I knew a guy down the road from me that had to get out from under the payments on the Ford and was down to $7,800 on his advertised price and I threw some interest out of curiosity more or less and he called me back asking what I'd give him and I said $6,800 because I really don't need a truck and he took it. Pay off was $7,100 and some change. Today I will have to take the tags off "The Beast," with her 5.9 V8, 11 mpg/8mpg with trailer, 202,000 miles and place them on my new Ford. It only has 58,000 miles, but its the workers model with the stiff seat, no power windows or locks, but it does have an 8 foot bed which should be nice. My boss (wife) made me sell it, but luckily my brother in-law is the one buying it so I know she'll go to a good home.

You all know when you get 200,000 miles on a truck, you get tied to it, right:cry:?
  4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I know exactly what you mean. I still own my first car. 1966 mustang conv. Bought my 1991 dodge 250 new and still use it. These things become part of the family haha.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

if i was buying a new truck i would go with a 3/4 ton