Which would you get?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Robin, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Robin

Robin LawnSite Member

Gravely z144(44")(21hp KAw)$5999
    Ferris 1500(44")(19hp kaw)$5799
    Bobcat fastcat (48")(19hp Kaw)$5700(on sale $5000)
    I cut part time, 10-12 lawns bi-weekly
    I will have to finance it but all seem to have some sort of financing available.

I like the Gravely because of the 21hp motor.
    I like the Ferris because of the suspension and dealer is 2 miles from home.
    I like the bobcat because of their new warranty for 2yr 2000 hour or 5yr 5000hr choice.

So what you you do?
  2. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

what are you using in terms of equipment now? Given your circumstance and the warm season nearing an end, I can't see how you can justify a purchase at this point yet.

P.S. Bobcat if your urge to buy gets the best of you.
  3. Robin

Robin LawnSite Member

Right now I am using a older gear drive 48" toro walk behind. Several of the yards are 1.5 acres plus and quite frankly I am tired of walking and I don't like to use a sulky. I am still getting a few calls for service and until I can get something a little faster I am having to turn them down.So I quess I am more or less planning for next season.
    I meant to put for Bobcat it's 2yr 2000hr or 5yr 500hr warranty choice, not 5000hr.
  4. Juan_Deere

Juan_Deere LawnSite Senior Member

The $700 off on the bobcat is reason enough to justify a purchase at this point.
  5. Popey

Popey LawnSite Member

Ferris for your health and stamina

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Look at the cub cadet enforcer 44". it comes with the 19hp kawasaki and is an excellent machine for $4799. I worked at a cub dealer this summer and the crews love the enforcer. But out of those choices the ferris is the better machine (we sold ferris too).
  7. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

The gravely (if its the 144 XDZ) has a 250lb clutch, 12cc pumps (alot of 60" Z's use these). I simply don't like the look of Ferris mowers, and I've always thought of Bobcat as a lower end mower, but this is just MY opinion. Gravely is still offering 0% for 6 months and 1.9% there after.
  8. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

Are you totally confused yet??????

Since you have some experience, just go for what will suit your needs, pocketbook, quality of cut. I would suggest you talk to your dealer(s) and demo each one, and then make the decision.

Best of luck to you!
  9. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Gravely would be my choice out of those three;however, I would get a60 and use the 48 for small and 60 for large. Believe me, its not too big.
  10. Robin

Robin LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. I quess it just a matter of timing on who has the best financing when I go to purchase. And who is willing to drop prices at the end of the season. Any more suggestions are welcome.