1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which would you pick (32 inch choices with prices)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Gimp, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Gimp

Gimp LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I priced some mowers today. I need to act pretty fast to get a larger mower. I pretty much HAVE to start with the addition of a 32 to go with my 21. Almost all of my gates will not take a 36.

I am leaning toward the Snapper Hydro, but the 2006 Scag seems like an excellent deal. Here are the other choices as well. Opinions?

Scag Belt Driven, 32 inch, New 2006 $2,489

Scag Belt Driven, 32 inch, New 2007 $2,997

Ex mark Metro, 32 inch, ($1,900 used for a week), $2,299 (new)

Snapper Hydro, 32 inch, New $2,895

Everide Belt Driven, 32 inch, New $1,899

Bobcat Belt Driven, 32 inch, New $2,400

Snapper Belt Driven, 32 inch, New $2,200

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

eXmakr and encore are not the same thing......encore is a pos and extemely uncomfortable.

Personally i agree with you on the 2006 Scag WB, that would be my choice

3. Gimp

Gimp LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Those are metros - I just fixed it

Anyone know anything about the Snapper Hydro?

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

How many yards do you have now that have small gates that you would need something bigger than a 21"? I'm not you but I wouldn't waste the money on anything less than 44" for a walkbehind. I do have some but not many gated yards and on those we use 21" exclusively and charge accordingly.

5. Gimp

Gimp LawnSite Member
    from Houston

70 cuts every two weeks and growing. Only a few that I could fit a 36 into, MAYBE. Every yard is gated. I hate to buy a 32 as well, because I know I will have more business contracts next year, but I think this will save me a lot of $ in labor immediately.

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have a 32" and am glad I got it to accompany my 48". I use it daily on the small gated back yards.

7. Gimp

Gimp LawnSite Member
    from Houston

What type do you have Grits? Anyone else have an opinion on which mower to select? Thank you for the help so far :)

8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

:eek: I actually have a Redhawk 32". I got it brand new for $950. Contrary to popular belief, it is a decent little mower.

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

hows your dealer support. which dealer do you get your 2 stroke stuff from....If you get good dealer support just about any would be good.....But I'd take a barely used exmark and put 500 in my pocket....

10. outlaw1960

outlaw1960 LawnSite Senior Member
    from denver

go with the best dealer, all are good choices. Although the encore would be my last pick.