1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which Wright Engine is Right??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vanguard, Dec 23, 2005.

1. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

After much consideration (and a new contract for a 108 single family unit H.O.A.) that I need the efficiency of a rider. most of my accounts have fairly small lots (max 2000 sq. ft. of turf) and this new HOA varies from areas of 100 sq. ft. to some at around 1000 sq. ft. Now my first choice was the "home team" Walker MT20, but after pricing them at the local dealers, and having to also add a new 21" to get in gates. I was looking at $12,000. or more :cry: I've always been...intrigued by the Wright Standers and saw one up-close and personal while at the 2nd dealers shop. Oh, did I mention that the first dealer said instead of a eXmark 21" I should buy "the NEW eXmark 26." :eek: Well needless to say I won't give that @zz h_ _ _ my business!
    I have decided that the Stander is the way I'll go especially after seeing the "Channel Partner Discount" that I can get if I buy before the end of next week! Now here's my dilemma. I'm getting the 32" because I can virtually eliminate the 21" from the trailer because it will go any were I need it to, yet be flexible and fast enough to boost efficiency beyond the walk behind 36ers. I think I'm going to spend the extra $500 ($4,644.+tax delivered) and get the 17hp over the 15hp just because of horse power loss at the mile high plus, elevations of Colorado.
    What do you Stander owners think? Good choice or overkill??

Thanks for your thoughts And MERRY CHRISTMAS :waving:
  2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Are you mulching or side discharging? I have had 2 standers one with the 15 and the other with the 17hp. You will be happy with either one.
  3. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

4. South Florida Lawns

from usa

Then even a 15hp will be plenty of power to get through thick overgrown grass.
  5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Personally, I would spend the little extra money for the little extra HP. You may regret getting the 15HP, but I doubt you'll regret getting the 17HP. I have a 15HP Kawasaki on my 36" walkbehind and would love for that to be 17HP.
  6. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Whatever you do, I advise staying away from this machine. I have had it since May and after numerous malfunctions, update kits etc., I have given up on it and I am stilling trying to get my money back from Exmark. Go with the Stander...you will be happier.
  7. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

how about the Walker Mb with a 48" deck. I tried one with the 56" deck

very impressive. price about 6k w 56" Ed
  8. South Florida Lawns

from usa

BUT A 48'' wont fit through most of his gates. Didn't you read his thread? He does not wan't to mess with a trim mower. I think he could get 2 Standers for the price of the 48'' walker.
  9. ehchvac

ehchvac LawnSite Member

just bought, and took delivery of the wright 36" through the channel partner discount,...
    but, for what its worth, my dealer told me to get that price "which I did" you have to purchase, pay, and pick up, by the end of month.
    now as for engine, only the 17 hp has the electric start, if you care.
  10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Spend the extra $$ for the 17HP... better to have a little more than not enough, especially if needs change and you have to use it for mulching / thicker lawns in the future. We run Wright Standers, and the Channel Partner Discount is a great incentive to buy now. You'll love it.

Merry Christmas!!:waving: