Which Z to buy!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by xtreeman, Mar 15, 2004.

1. xtreeman

xtreeman LawnSite Member

Hello Lanscape Pro's,
    I just started looking in to ZTR's for using on my Christmas tree farm. My trees are space at 9' rows, so my 6' finish mower and tractor tires are getting too close to my trees. As the trees are growing, I need to go to a different mower (probably a 60"). I have read several post's regarding brands and have heard some good remarks on Xmark, Dixie chopper, and Scag. I have dealers within 30 miles from me that sell these brands. The terrain is a little rough. I will also mow approximately 3 acres of my yard and try to pick up some work on the side as well. I have a few slight grades to deal with also. I am happy with the realiablity and use of my Kubota L2500 tractor, so I would like to look at the Kubota ZTR's as well. Any inpute will be appreciated.

2. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

I just traded in my 2002 John Deere 757 Z-Trac 60" for a 2004...i love them! It is worth mentioning though that I live within 2 miles of my dealer and he's great...1st year if i have trouble they send someone to me to fix it and give me a loaner if i need it.

3. BLC3

BLC3 LawnSite Member

Hustler , if there is a dealer near you.
    They are built like and tank.

4. GREENANDYELLOW

GREENANDYELLOW LawnSite Member

if there is a dealer close the john deere 757/60 is a great machine with a good warranty.

5. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

I run 3 exmark lazers, all 60". VERY, VERY good machines.

6. xtreeman

xtreeman LawnSite Member

Deere guys,
    Sorry I didn't even consider the Deere. The dealer of Xmark, Ferris, Kubota, didn't even show me his Deere line.
    How do the Z's handle on rough terrain and slopes?

7. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

toro z588e. check them out on the toro.com website, I have one and am very impressed with it.

8. protouchlawn

protouchlawn LawnSite Member

LOOK AT THE jOHN dEERE 757 IF YOU CAN FIND A GOOD DEALER.
    THE STABILITY IS REALLY IMPRESSIVE TO ME .MY WIFE IS FROM THAT AREA SO I KNOW YOUR TERRAIN

9. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

go with the exmark lazer z 60". you will not be dissapointed

10. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

See which one has the most offset deck to get under the limbs better. May want to consider a front mount deck mower.