which zero turn rider shouild i get...im 14yrsold...help please....

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DillonsLawnCare, Jul 12, 2007.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

hi, i am 14 years old and i have about 8 accounts and most of my customers wait till there grass is pretty high. i currently own toro 52" walkbehind t-bar, and its just not getting the job done fast enough for me. i mow about 10 acres in all. ive recently had it in the shop and spent about 500$ on repairs for this mower cause of high grass. i am looking to upsize to a commercial zero turn rider. ive been looking at toro, exmark, dixie chopper, ferris, and scag. each dealer of course says there mower is the best but i dont know what i want. i have a guy thats willing to sell me his 52" zrt toro '05, for $5000. should i make this purchase, is this a good deal? should i stick with my walkbehind? i have demoed many riders and they all seem the same. i need durability and speed and a great cut. please reply.

thanks
    Dillon

2. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

11:20 PM....

Go to bed!!!

3. DillonsLawnCare

tell me what you think GREENT!

4. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Are you 14 too?

If so... it's 11:50 pm.

Go to bed!!!

5. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry,

You are the same kid.

Damm. I think I need to go to bed! :dizzy:

6. craglawnmanor

craglawnmanor LawnSite Member

What's the model number of the Toro ztr 52", and why is the person selling it?

If you're mowing mainly smooth terrain, a ztr should speed up your mowing.

Oh, and GreenT, we're on central time in middle TN., so it's only 10:55!:laugh:

7. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Shhhhhh....

I'm sleeping now :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

8. DillonsLawnCare

im not sure what the model # is but its an '05 52",with rubber discharge, full supspension seat, donelson air filter. hes selling it cause he thought he was going to get into the business but he doesnt have the time anoymore due to other jobs. the only thing i dont like about his mower is that it cant supply a striping kit, my 52" wb stripes well. my terrain is mainly very bumby causing my mower to bounce up and down in the front. i thought a zero turn would decrease the jostling. thanks reply!!

9. DillonsLawnCare

it has about 250hours on it also

10. stephenslawncare

stephenslawncare LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Just as a side note, you shouldnt be letting your customers push you around like that (letting the grass get tall). You need to stand your ground about cutting when it needs cutting. You will be making more money per customer and not be spending so much on repairs. Do you have a sulky for your mower. If you do, you will notice a good difference in mowing time, if you are not using a sulky, you will notice a huge difference. About the bumpyness, both machines will be taking the same amount of abuse. Also, ztr's dont mix well with bumpy ground...you will be bouncing around all the time and will be very uncomfortable.