which zero turn to buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milkie62, Jul 17, 2005.

1. milkie62

milkie62 LawnSite Senior Member

I only have experience on a 60" ferris 3000IS.I am in need of purchasing a new mower in the 60" range.What does everyone prefer and why.I am also considering a bagger.

2. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

IMHO i prefer the Simplicity, cant beat that full width roller for striping and the free floating deck

also like the Deere, only downside is the slow blade tip speed.

3. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

for bagging go with hustler or exmark

4. breck75

breck75 LawnSite Member

I demoed a Gravely 260 series a week ago. I have no experience with Exmark, JD, Hustler because I'm new, but I sure was impressed with the Gravely. The only thing I didn't like was the price. $9300...ouch. Good luck.

Breck :waving:

5. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Please, He is talking about a commercial machine. I run Scag's, they have been the best bet yet.

6. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

ever stop to think that someone might not be able to afford a Scag right off the bat, maybe buy something to get you through for a year or two before you go out and spend 8 or 9 thousand dollars

7. splatz100

well I think he's talking commercial, and he doesnt want a homeowner Simplicity or Craftsman

8. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

Whats wrong with Simplicity, theyve been building mowers for 75 years or so i beleive, i love mine the free floating deck and the striping roller is STANDERED ive thought about a john deere, but i cant bring myself to part with the 2 simplicities that are sitting in my shed

9. splatz100

well thats cool, but I stick to commercial machines and commercial warranties

10. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

i suppose next year ill break down and either buy a GS30 walk behind Deere or a Scag equivalant that is if i get accounts