Which zrt do you like?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by We do 4 U, Jun 1, 2002.

1. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

I am going to be buying a zrt in the next couple of weeks. My choices are Toro, John Deere, Hustler, Husky, Ferris, Dixie Chopper and Ex-Mark. I need some help to trim this list down to which ones I should demo. It is going to be a 50 to 60 inch machine. Any info is appericated.
  2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

i've run the ferris is3000 for a day as a demo, its a piece of junk. i run the 52" 18kol lazer from exmark and the 60" 25 kol for exmark, both are great machinces wouldn't trade them for nothing. i have demoed the hustler super z for a few hours, that machine is as good as the exmark, even better on hills. good luck on what you choose
  3. Plowguy99

Plowguy99 LawnSite Member
    from MI

Just bought a 60 Exmark Lazer Z with 25 hp Kohler. I love it. It cuts great, and leaves the lawns looking good and it has a good warranty. It is comforable too. Some of the brands out there seem to small for me (6'2, 275) It is a 2001 model so I got a good deal. It doesn't have the leg assist lift, (don't really need it). I wish it had the heavy duty air cleaner, but I might buy the kit for mine. A friend of mine runs Scags. He seems to like them, but I am not crazy on the color. The majority of people around here run Exmarks. Don't go by anybody's word though. Demo as many as you can and decide what works the best. But, get the biggest engine you can afford!
  4. lawnrangers

lawnrangers LawnSite Member

we run the cub TANK love them,not to much on speed,but cut quality--excellent..but demo..demo...demo
  5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i tried that tank out . it seems solid.
    had the kaw engine and i posted about whether or not u could safely turn up the rpm ,to increase blade and running speed.
    apparently some have ,with good results.. the tach read about 3400 on the one i demode.id still go lazer but the tank seems solid.

KNOWHOWELTD LawnSite Member

whats wrong with the ferris is3000? and how is the 1000 as well as the 4000, i run a 36 in. GD walk ferris as a trim mower, and i love everything about it... feriss manufacturing seems to be top quality, i like controls as well,

just stay away from toro's, especially their walks, but i guess ive never ran a ztr toro, so i wouldnt know.
  7. mlgtrainer

mlgtrainer LawnSite Member

We've used both the Exmark and Toro ZTR's. My preference is the Exmark. However, Ferris does have some unique features on their machines as well.You may want to demo the Lawn Derby by Simplicity Mowers, they own Ferris Mowers, they are the ones with the floating decks. They also have a line of commerical mowers. The company is out of Port Washington, Wi. Give them a try,. Some people back east swear by them. I haven't had the chance to demo them yet. no dealers here in California stock their mowers. We use the smaller ZTR's 44" and 52" mowers, smaller lawns in California. Good luck in your search.
  8. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

The hustler super z is the best mower I have ever used and I have used alot of them.
  9. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Dixion. But only if it's the blue plastic one.:blob3: :blob3: