Which ZTR brand do you use?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by blakerugg, Jun 28, 2009.

?

Which ZTR brand do you use?

1. eXmark

149 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. Wright

22 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Hustler

66 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. Scag

103 vote(s)
    28.8%
  5. Cub Cadet

18 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Marshmallow

Marshmallow LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

Toro 6000 Series

2. Pushmoweruser

Pushmoweruser Inactive

Dixon Spdztr 30! Allows easy access through those pain in the rear gates

3. Luke S.

Luke S. LawnSite Member

eXmark all the way

4. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

Deere!!!:cool2:

5. Tanum

Tanum LawnSite Member

I have a Amazone Profihopper 4x4i Zero turn :) Fantastic machine

6. WillsLandscape

WillsLandscape LawnSite Member

No, I'm not a professional landscaper but we do have a ZTR to maintain our 2 acre property that our business is located on.

A few months ago we bought an Exmark Quest S-Series 42'' ZTR and have put 13 hours or so on it so far. It's a fantastic machine, such an upgrade from our old Snapper rear engine rider - I actually can't hardly use that thing anymore because it feels so powerless! :laugh:

The Kawasaki FR691V is a monster, I honestly don't know why you actually NEED 23 horsepower on a 42'' cut mower, but I like it! Never any major bogging or stalling, ever, even in grass that's a foot+ tall.

Although the Exmark is a great machine, we could've bought almost the identical mower from a different dealer (Hustler Raptor) for $2799 instead of the $3799 for the Exmark (Exmark was on sale for $300 off, too). I'm glad though that we got the Exmark because our dealer is like the best around in my opinion.

We could definitely go with Exmark again, but I'm sure we won't have to get another new mower for a long time since we take care of our equipment and keep it going for as long as possible.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  7. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I have run eXmark's and Scag's before my Hustler's

All great mowers but if I were to buy tomorrow it would be the Hustler's again.

8. mbigred

mbigred LawnSite Member

you forgot BADBOY outlaw!

9. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Turf Tiger

10. kymowyurs

kymowyurs LawnSite Member

Gravely 260 Pro Turn is doing a great job for me. Didn't care much for it at first because of the low discharge velocity when the grass was wet. I am now running Stens 355-036 notched high lifts and getting great discharge velocity. Totally different mower with this blade. Does a very good job with this blade, can start early with the dew still on. Unbelievable how this mower handles and now it cuts great on top of that.