1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which ZTR brand do you use?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by blakerugg, Jun 28, 2009.

Which ZTR brand do you use?

1. eXmark

149 vote(s)
  2. Wright

22 vote(s)
  3. Hustler

66 vote(s)
  4. Scag

103 vote(s)
  5. Cub Cadet

18 vote(s)
  1. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Ferris 3100z 61" 32 hp briggs
  2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I do need to update my previous post....

I now own none of the mowers that I mentioned. I have switched to John Deere. So now I will be using a 2010 Z925A MOD. If things go well this year I will be picking up the quik-trak from john deere this fall or next spring.

I made the switch because of dealer support.
  3. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

i only run scags and i love them. i have a toro 21" and i like that as well.
  4. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Was using Toro Z master but have just purchased a new Hustler super z with 31 kawi so the jury is out on it so far!
  5. JOG724

JOG724 LawnSite Member

exmark lazer72 inch diesel
  6. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Exmark Lazer Z and Exmark TTHP. Love the cut and service from our dealer. We will probably be getting a Wright Stander to replace the TTHP.
  7. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Keep in mind that if you would like to use your mower to help you out during snow removal, there is only a few models that can help you in that regard. Many great mowers are only good for 6-7 months out of the year.
  8. graygoose12

graygoose12 LawnSite Member

Gotta buy from the dealer that takes the best care of you. My dealer has Hustler and Scag, so that is what I run. They have Walker too, but I don't have any lawns for that.
  9. Thunderhead

Thunderhead LawnSite Senior Member

I'll buy whatever my local dealer carries because he truly cares for and takes care of his customers to the fullest extent, and then some. I have an '09 Hustler Super Z 60" 31hp Kawasaki and wouldn't trade it for anything. Hopefully I won't ever have to buy another mower- just replace parts on this one as they wear out over time.
  10. taterlawn

taterlawn LawnSite Member

Rock solid and smooth