Which ZTR for me??

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Dupontcar, May 17, 2004.

1. Dupontcar

Dupontcar LawnSite Member

I am looking for any input from proffesionals who use this equipment daily. I am shopping for a new ZTR for a growing landscape business(currently 9 accounts). For local representation, I have Kubota, JD, Ferris and Country Clipper. Unfortunately, all dealers mentioned above stock only the basic models of ZTR so therefore I have not seen a few models I am interested in like the Country Clipper Charger or Zeton, kubota ZD series 21 or 28hp. The Ferris seems to be very nice also, but I have only looked at the 1000 series and would probably want a 3000 or 4000 series.
    Suggestions, pricing on any above mentioned and any important comments would be greatly appreciated. I have narrowed it down to the above brands due to local service availability. Thank you.

2. countrygirl

countrygirl LawnSite Member

I have JD 757 and love it. It is very dependable and mows very well in all of my case. I have about 14 acounts and growing.

3. mowhigh

mowhigh LawnSite Member
    from Dallas

Just picked up the Charger last week; 2352KOJ for under $6k. The 24x12 tires and pivoting front axle are really nice if you encounter any rough terrain.

4. Paul Corsetti

Paul Corsetti LawnSite Member

well i have over 75 accts and have had J.D. it was not the machine I expected to have, lets just say they had it more than I did. In the first cutting season my 25hp liquid cooled engine had to be replaced, carb was replaced,wire harness replaced, electric blade take off replaced, 2 spindles on deck replaced on and on, went to graveley last month and have been pleased with the results so far, and the price is right 144z 44 or 48 inch cut 19 hr kaw engine 5200 out the door ,got 2 of them

5. marvinlee

marvinlee LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

We have a Kubota ZD-21. It has been excellent but suffered a broken steel hydraulic line at less than 200 hours. The repair cost $265, including pickup and delivery. Despite this, if it were stolen, I would buy another one. The crank-up front end is great, the engine flawless, and the pivoting front axle helps out on bad terrain. The suspension seat that comes standard is as good as I have ever sat on.