Which ZTR??? I'm down to 3!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slapshotmike24, Mar 16, 2005.

?

Which ZTR???

1. Dixie Chopper Coatsville Classic 60", 25hp Kohler

32.9%
  2. Ferris 1000Z 60", 25hp Kohler

40.0%
  3. Cub Tank M60 60" 25hp Kohler or Kawasaki

27.1%
  1. slapshotmike24

slapshotmike24 LawnSite Member

Ok. I visted all the dealers today, demoed all the mowers, and am down to 3 different mowers. The first is the Dixie Chopper Coatsville Classic with the 60" and 25HP Kohler. The next contender is the Ferris 1000Z 60" with 25HP Kohler. The last contender is the Cub Tank M60 60" with 25HP Kawasaki or Kohler. They are all the same price. The Dixie is actually a few bucks more, but not much. I wanted to get everyones input on these mowers. :help:

2. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark Lazer all the way baby. Have one or wish U did.

3. slapshotmike24

I didn't include exmark because I really didn't like their design, price, or service. They wanted more than $1500 more than everyone else and didn't have a long warranty. I also hate the local exmark dealer. They screwed me over a bunch of times now. :angry:

4. slapshotmike24

Come on guys, 87 views and no replies. I really want everybody's thoughts on each mower. :help:

5. Classic

Classic LawnSite Member

ExMark....Nobody does it better!!

Stay away from the Tank..MTD can screw up anything!

6. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe their candidate didn't make the ballot.

7. Scottish LScape

Scottish LScape LawnSite Member

Exmark, Scag or Walker!

8. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

i'd have a gravley and love it ,,,,few guys i know around here have scag and dixie chopper and they seem to like there mowers ....all depend how you take care of the mower and keep oil change ,,,,

9. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

i have a cub tank m54 24hp honda one of the best mowers i have used going on my 3rd season with not one single problem yet.
    i have compared my cub with a exmark one of us cut the back and the other cut the front the cub to me is a way better mower does not clump as much stripes way better and is more comfortable i would recommend the tank anyday over a exmark. (both mowers were 100% stock), out of the 3 you listed i would say go with which one has the best dealer support.my cub dealer here is awesome great bunch of guys. my pick would be the cub.
    I do like the exmark walk behinds cuts nice and with a proslide stripes very well.

classic
    just curious have you compared the exmark and cub side by side?

10. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

Don't say anything bad about the big red machine on here, man, those guys are sensitive! :)

Greg