1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

which ztr to buy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn maggot, May 21, 2003.

1. lawn maggot

lawn maggot LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I will soon be purchasing a small commercial ztr.
    I have narrowed the choice down to 3 mowers. Just wanting some opiinions on these.

Scag tiger cub with 19 hp kaw. 48 inch cut
    Dixie Chopper X2001-50 50 inch cut 20hp kohler
    Exmark Lazer Z 52 inch cut 20 hp kohler

Here is how my opinion is on these mowers. I really like our dixie dealer and service, however, I think for near the same money I could get more mower in the exmark and scag. After looking over the options I think the exmark may have the best features for the money. I would like to hear from anyone on their thoughts. Thanks.
  2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I tryed a buddies Exmark this weekend it was a very nice machine. What kind of mowing will you be doing???
  4. lawn maggot

lawn maggot LawnSite Member
    from indiana

mostly residential 1-2 acer yards. Some business, this is a secondary income for me. Just getting set up slowly.
  5. mickpeg

mickpeg LawnSite Member

If you have a Kubota dealer nearby, check out a ZD 18 (54"deck) with a diesel, hydo lift. It is a far superior than your other choices. It would be last years machine because I think they are now only producing a ZD 21 and 28 (60 and 72" deck) Which is realy too bad because I can't use anything bigger.
  6. Gtotoy

Gtotoy LawnSite Member

I just bought a Bobcat 60"Z today with the 23 Kawasaki, on sale till end of month for $6999.00. We only run Bobat's and love 'em!
  7. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Buy the SCAG Cub, great machine & even better cut.
  8. a1 lawncare

a1 lawncare LawnSite Member

i would vote exmark, but there all good machines, however i would go max on the horse-power. i think most people here would agree, you won't be sorry.

best of luck, keith

oh yea welcome to lawnsite:) lawn maggot