which ztr to chose?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by firedog561, Feb 22, 2008.

1. firedog561

firedog561 LawnSite Member

I don't want to start any wars. I have used Toro ztrs since 2001. I had two 26hp efi 62" and now have one 27 60". Im looking for some opinions on other mowers. Is there any real difference in the other manufacturers compared to Toro. The situation is Toro, Exmark and Grasshopper are my closests dealers. An hour away there is Gravely, Ferris and Dixie Chopper. Im just looking for the best product for the money. I don't have any complaints against Toro. All my yards aren't picture perfect.

2. lawnboyoung

lawnboyoung LawnSite Member

id stick with toro

3. tyaroch

tyaroch LawnSite Member
    from MI

I would stick with Toro as well. I am not a big fan of Grasshopper. JMO.

4. BAKERS

BAKERS LawnSite Member

There is also a Hustler dealer about an hour away in Millsboro.... Hint Hint.
    Great product for the money.

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Sound to me like Toro is working for you so stick with them. I would want a full suspension seat, "Tubo Force Deck", and as far as engines go I think they are offering the 28 Kawasaki now so you could give that a look, nothing wrong with Kohler though.

The 28 Kaw is a new engine but seems to be a favorite.

6. firedog561

firedog561 LawnSite Member

Oh I forgot about the Hustler. I'm looking at a new toro now. It has the 28hp Kawa on it. they also have the small diesel for about 2800 more. I just was wondering if any other mower was worth switching to from Toro. How are the Gravely's?

7. karol

karol LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Stick with Toro. Go after the 25hp kubota diesel Toro z580. Stay away from the new Hustler diesel as they have not proved themnselves yet with a reliable diesel machine. They stopped production on the 72 inch diesels as they had a lot of problems with the machines so be aware of the new diesels. But either way if you're going from toro to hustler you're downgrading.

8. Tagg

Tagg LawnSite Member

GOTO : www.scag.com and put in your zipcode there appears to be a dealer at 31 miles and 39 miles from Zip 21853. Go ORANGE and you will probably Never need a dealer service anyways.:usflag:

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

If your happy with Toro, I'd stick with them. Those TF decks cut and stripe excellent!