While hanging door hangers ....

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Sweet Tater, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Walking a neighborhood hanging my little hangers ,I came across a home with the owner home. We chatted a bit and he asked if I did gutters. Of course I say yes and give him a per ft price, $.50. He says thats way too much he has 200 ft of gutter. I looked at the house and still can't belive that. But he continued to state he can get it done for $25 and the guy brings his own ladder. I have to politly tell him He should stay with whom ever is already doing it. Was I wrong with my price. I would use my own ladder too :)

2. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Your price is right for you and that's what counts. I personally wouldn't do it at all without a leaf removal also because that's what's right for me, but $100.00 is about right for that job. Don't let people second-guess yourself. You know what your doing Tater, I've read your posts and it seems that you are on the right track.

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i dont get on the ladder for less then 100, if its two stories, 200..

its not really worth the risk, i turn most of these down anymore, there are better ways to turn a profit after you get established.....

fall and break your back, and see how many accounts you can do.....

4. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

here in ca. we charge around $60.00 per single story and $200.00 for 2 story. average home here is 2000 sq. ft. in town with hardly no debris in gutter. can be done in about 20 min two guys, where your at theirs more to then here. also don't let a homeowner bully you on the price. if thats what the going rate is and you can make a profit from that then do what you now is right..........

5. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I charge a lot for gutters because of the risk involved and if the job looks to involved then I just turn it down all together. Don't be afraid to charge for gutter cleaning.

6. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Thank you, It means alot to a first year man to hear that from a man thats been in the biz awhile.