While I do office stuff

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Trying to troubleshoot a TORO hydraulic system. N. O. and have a supply line leak. So I shut down the valves with my hose do-dad and now have the supply line under pressure hoping to find the leak after I finish paper stuff.

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I'd like to take a class sometime to learn about hydro systems. It's all greek to me.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I'm surprised they can last as long as they do, given the troubles that a rodent could cause them.

4. We don't have tunneling rodents here so not a problem. They do last a long time. Some still have the original valves from 30 years ago. If I was managing a golf course that was prone to lightning I'd want my system to be hydraulic.. If you think having all red wire for zones is a headache if cut. Try putting 20 hydraulic tubes back together with one being the supply.:dizzy:

5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

peter, looks like fun:)

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

godspeed peter!

I'd love to learn more about those.

7. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Toro does have a "hose do-dad" - hose end to hydraulic tubing connection. But your's is much bigger.

8. I just did a hydraulic to electric conversion last week on a Toro system at a ball field with Toro 640s ....Added a new ESP MC 16 and a 12 zone Toro converter... Easy conversion and the system is a normally open hydraulic type...

9. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

He's from Texas, of COURSE it's bigger:rolleyes:

10. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Senior Member

god bless ya. out of about 2,000 systems, we have maybe 5 that are still hydraulic, and they're on life support. if they go down, i turn the system off, give them an estimate to change to electric, and i'm on my way. up here it's rather difficult to get the parts to service those systems. thankfully, they're almost always manifolded right at the foundation and relatively easy (not inexpensive) to convert.