1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Whisteling noise, Toro Z150 2003 Help!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by rdran5, May 1, 2005.

1. Just noticed a loud metallic whistle, It seems to start after the machine is warmed up, and rolling, can't pin point it, it isn't coming from the wheels, I don't think. It is there with the pto engaged or not engaged. Very noticable at low RPM when rolling down a drive way.
    Any input or advice is appreciated.
    And yes, everything has been greased properly and the belts are less than 15 hours.

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im not famliar with that model but could the hand brakes be adjusted a lil to tight and squealing, my toro walkbehind does this but im not sure how the brakes are on the Z

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not Familiar with this unit either, But I've seen similar symptoms and found a bearing going bad in the electric P.T.O. clutch once warmed up and a idler pulley a couple times. For what its worth

14yr. Briggs & Stratton Master Service Technician
    Kohler Factory Trained
    Tecumseh
    Honda
    Kawasaki
    Onan
    Robin
    Factory Trained Polaris ATV & Watercraft

4. Thanks for the suggestions, I played around with the hand brake to day and it seemed to have a connection to the squealing, 2 year warranty expired in April, I should not have put it off.
    We live We learn..
    If yall think of anything else let me know.
    R