White decorative rock

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JTHutch, Sep 18, 2004.

1. JTHutch

JTHutch LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where I can locate about 55 ton of the white decorative rock. The kind that you buy by the bag from discount stores. This is for a new motel and they insist that white is the only color of rock they will use. By the bag will take a long time and very costly. I'm in the middle of Kansas and am willing to have it shipped from anywhere in the 48 states. If anyone knows of a contact please let me know.

2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

In Indiana, try:
    Stone Center; http://www.estonecenter.com , 317-849-9100
    Garrity Stone- 317-546-0893
    Earth Products- http://www.efieldstonecener.com , 317-786-7980, they also have a sister company in Georgia (I think that's where it is...).

I don't know about anywhere else. Hope it helps. Someone may be able to tell you a closer source.

Have you tried searching for a source in your state?

Dan

3. desertrat

desertrat LawnSite Member

I can get you all the white rock you want, but I am in Tucson Arizona. The freight would be very expensive. Max on one truck is 23 tons in Arizona, not sure of other states. We sell the rock here for around $30ton, but to get it there I would guess close to 10 times that. There must be a cheaper place to get the rock, but if you are willing to pay, I can get the rock, and get the actual price delivered.

4. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in Wichita, KS and I see that crap all the time! That is the ugliest rock in my opinion, I cringe when I see it. Have you called to the rock queries in Wichita? Surely there is someone that has to have it...I see it at businesses and in yards all the time.

5. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

I don't know if they carry the white stone but my research
    came up with this,hope it helps.

:)

Bandera Stone, Inc.
    P.O. Box 15 Redfield, KS 66769
    Don Pemberton
    Phone (620) 756-4334
    Fax (620) 223-4536 bandera@cpol.net

Bayer Stone Inc.
    120 N. 6th Street St. Marys, KS 66536
    Max Bayer Phone (785) 437-2781
    (800) 255-9399
    Fax (785) 437-3780 info@bayerstone.com
    www.bayerstone.com

Heartland Stone, Inc.
    P.O. Box 1402
    Arkansas City, KS 67005
    Jason Speer
    Phone (620) 222-4566 Fax (620) 221-4050
    heartlandstone@aol.com www.heartlandstone.com

J.T. Lardner Cut Stone
    128 NW Van Buren Topeka, KS 66603
    Corky Lardner
    Michelle Hoferer
    Phone (785) 234-8634
    Fax (785) 234-8666 MAHoferer@aol.com

Sturgis Materials
    550 S. Packard P.O. Box 5133 Kansas City, KS 66119
    Marc Lonesk
    Ed Walsh Phone (913) 371-7757
    Fax (913) 371-7764 sturgismaterial@aol.com www.sturgismaterials.com

6. JTHutch

JTHutch LawnSite Member

Thanks for the Kansas city area places I already called a couple of those places and they only carry the bags. I have also priced it if I buy it by the bag and it is $3.00 a bag and I'll need 1,835 bags. Sound like fun? As for ugly I totally agree and tried as hard as I could to go with something else.

7. midtnstone

midtnstone LawnSite Member
    from mid tn

i am looking at what i got or can get pm me or let me know when you need this junk i might be able to help not sure yet

8. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw it used around trees at relatives, and it looked good there, so I added it to my album at http://imageevent.com/mdvaden/decorativerock

The white rock is crushed marble if I'm not mistaken. So you may want to do a search under "crushed marble" as well as white rock.

I think the reason that rock looks poor in many cases is how it's used. If people would insert flagstone steps in it, it could look interesting - maybe terra cotta colors. Or possibly placing glazed plant pots or artwork - maybe colorful boulders.

9. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

Did you tell the in-the-middle-of-Kansas, Motel's owners: the white rock is going to eventually torch their landscaping reflecting the brutal July-Aug-Sept summer heat?

I guess it wont happen if their landscaping consists of plastic flowers, pink-flamingoes, and a boulder or two.

;)

-somm

10. thor

thor LawnSite Member

you should try new jersey they use alot of that there and you should put lots of concrete ornaments inthe yard and maybe a fountain