White Gardens

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by White Gardens, Apr 28, 2009.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I went to see my sign guy last night. I needed some more lettering on the sides for the parade coming up this weekend.

I'll be setting up a booth at the local carnival, and I'll post pics of it. Hopefully they will have an internet connection again this year and I can post pics right away and kill time on Lawn-site during the day.

First pic is my guy removing the badges off the truck. I was getting sick of looking at them and they were mucking up my logo. He just took simple fishing line to get behind the badges and cut the foam, and then we used a liquid remover to eat the foam and adhesive off.

Trucklogo1.jpg

Trucklogo2.jpg

Trucklogo3.jpg

Trucklogo1.jpg

Trucklogo2.jpg

Trucklogo3.jpg

2. White Gardens

Talked to the HO.

We are at least going to do the plantings up next to the foundation and also the section of sidewalk in that area. I'll be meeting with her next week, and I'm hoping to do one of the ledges also.

3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Water feature came out nice... what's up with "badges"? Was that vandalism? Or why stick something on your logo?

4. White Gardens

It was the stock Chevrolet , S-10, and LS logo we took off the truck. The truck was visually messy with my logo and those on there.

A lot of guys work their logos around those badges, I say take them off and you have more room for lettering.

Thanks for the compliment on the water feature. Even though it's small, it came out nice. Eventually I'm going to go get more of that flagstone I used for the feature and make a bench next to it. We looked around at some concrete benches, but we didn't like the look of them.

5. gdguth

gdguth LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

whitegardens,

Do you do mowing besides the landscaping. What do you run? Do you know of Martin Bros in Bloomington. That is where I bought my Exmark Turf Tracer. The GM is actually my cousins husband.

6. White Gardens

Ha, your going to finally make me fess up to what kind of mower I have. :nono:

I use a 38 inch Simplicity Coronet. I only have 4 yards right now, so I have no need to upgrade. If I do, I might go to Simplicity's zero turn just for an upgrade and to make yards go faster.

I never did push the mowing side of the biz, the landscaping and maintenance seemed to be my niche. I will mow though, but I'm letting the lawns come to me, instead of pushing for more lawns.

My dream machine is a 62(?) Dixie Extreme. Only when I have at least 20 mow accounts minimum.

I know Martin's. I didn't realize they were an Ex-Mark dealer. I thought they mostly sold heavy equipment. I see their logo on a lot of Construction and Farm Equipment.

Where are you located at ????

7. gdguth

from Midwest

You could have seen Martin Equipment on Heavy Construction equipment. They are located in Goodfield. Martin Brothers is in Roanoke, Lexington, Bloomington, and a few other places. The one in Bloomington is mostly just lawn and garden and is on I beleive 51 South (Isn't that Main St) down near the old sale barn.

8. gdguth

from Midwest

Forget to tell you your work looks great and that sounds like that mower will do until you get more.

9. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

nice work

10. White Gardens

Ya, they have the JD dealer and small equipment shop out there on south main. I forgot that I went in there one time to check out the telescoping JD hedge trimmers. (Ya pretty sure it's 51, I get confused out that direction).

I go to Goodfield quite often. I get most of my block and pavers at Trinity Stone.