White Gardens

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by White Gardens, Apr 28, 2009.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, what a last couple of weeks.

I've been doing estimates, took three days to study and take my pesticide applicators license so that is up to date, and fit in time to finish my dump bed just in time for the season to start.

Looks like I'll need to mow at least one property this week and probably my own.

Couple of landscaping projects in the works, especially after meeting the HO of the farmhouse. She wants a couple of beds put in, a statuary in the circle, annuals, possible patio, 15 yards of mulch, and at least one hitching ledge, preferably the ledge facing the road. :clapping:

All that and about 5 estimates on smaller projects for other customers.

So here is the pics of the dump bed and the letter on the truck. I'll say it turned out pretty good. I took the time over three weeks to finish the metal work, and then took it down to my friends house in Lincoln IL, where we sandblasted and painted it.

The sandblasting and painting went on for 17 hours with a couple of breaks in there. We were exhausted, but it turned out great!

Restore1.jpg

Restore2.jpg

Restore3.jpg

Restore4.jpg

Restore5.jpg

Restore1.jpg

Restore2.jpg

Restore3.jpg

Restore4.jpg

Restore5.jpg

2. White Gardens

Final Photos......

Restore8.jpg

Restore6.jpg

Restore7.jpg

Restore9.jpg

Restore6.jpg

Restore7.jpg

Restore8.jpg

Restore9.jpg

3. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

I like the way your dump-truck turns out. Good luck this season, David.

4. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I need to install a dump bed on one of my trucks! Looks good!

5. White Gardens

Thanks guys, it did turn out well.

There is a few spots that I need to add some more paint to as it is a little thin, but the idea was to get the majority of the work done now why I had the chance. The touch up will come when I get a free moment or two this summer. I'm just happy that the worst of it's done and I don't have to look at it and freak out about the fact that it was deteriorating.

Hope everyone has a good year too, not looking too shabby for me, I hope it holds out.

6. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Truck looks good. Hope you work it hard this summer. Sounds like you will!

7. greenspacedesign

greenspacedesign LawnSite Member

nice stone wall and stairs.

8. White Gardens

Thanks. I still wished I had continued the last course to the garage, but otherwise I'm happy with it.

9. White Gardens

Crazy couple of weeks. Thought I would update this thread to keep it alive.

Since getting the dump-bed painted, I've done nothing but running around doing estimates, consultations, taking photos for design purposes, etc...... It's been crazy and I'm definitively on the edge of hiring someone. Wednesday is my final day to meet with clients interested in landscaping work. On Thursday I need to start rocking some maintenance, and get a weeks worth of small stuff knocked out before tackling any bigger projects.

My potential list consist of a retaining wall 200 feet long, 6 feet high. A couple small patios and walkways. A couple full landscape renovations. 3 new maintenance clients, mowing for a reasonable sized commercial account, a couple of mulch jobs. Also another patio with a fire pit.

And I keep getting calls............

Oh, and I forgot the farmhouse. Create about 2 new beds, add hydrangeas next to the house, dress up the front steps with wall block, potential patio in the back and the possibility of doing the one hitching ledge facing the east and the road.

I'll start posting pics when I get started. I need to meet with 4 more people tomorrow and also apply crab-grass control on one property.

Wish me luck, I'm getting busier than I could imagine, and at a major pace. I hope I can handle it. So far, So good.

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

dump looks good my man. our new to us dump has come in real handy this year so far, and more work planned for it soon