White Gardens

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by White Gardens, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

The grass with the sitting spot and umbrella table would have been more comfortable. But the stone work looks nice.
    The alley was a great idea... I liked that alot.

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Originally we were going to put a better patio/sitting area in, but the HO decided that eventually the pool is going to go, and a patio will go up in that area with a water feature.

Thanks for the comments Axe.Thumbs Up

3. White Gardens

I don't necessarily care for the stripe threads, only because there are so many, and stripes are stripes when it comes down to it.

I finally had a chance to mow yesterday, and I'm killing time this morning waiting on call backs from suppliers.

The last pic is of the boy, he's getting an earlier start in the biz.

Stripes1.jpg

stripes2.jpg

stripes3.jpg

Stripes1.jpg

stripes2.jpg

stripes3.jpg

4. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

You do some nice work there, Mr White!

5. White Gardens

Thanks Mr. White

6. White Gardens

This is another one of those late last year projects. I didn't take pics after the original install as I wanted to get good shots after everything had filled out some.

I just went back the other day to replace a Jap Maple that died. The HO wants me to come back and re-do the edging in the front. Here and her husband did the edging 5 years ago, and she wants the same block that I put around the property. I tried to talk her into doing it last year, but because her husband is now deceased, she felt like she needed to keep it for a while longer.

The install was a simple one, minimal prep work, window wells put in to help with the grade, brick and mortar edging, and keep it simple so it just looks clean. (She likes thing clean)

Betty1.jpg

Betty2.jpg

Betty3.jpg

Betty4.jpg

Betty5.jpg

Betty1.jpg

Betty2.jpg

Betty3.jpg

Betty4.jpg

Betty5.jpg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  7. White Gardens

More Pics..............................
    Betty6.jpg

Betty7.jpg

Betty1b.jpg

Betty2b.jpg

Betty3b.jpg

Betty6.jpg

Betty7.jpg

Betty1b.jpg

Betty2b.jpg

Betty3b.jpg

8. White Gardens

And the last ones.
    Betty4b.jpg

Betty5b.jpg

Betty6b.jpg

Betty4b.jpg

Betty5b.jpg

Betty6b.jpg

9. White Gardens

So, at one of my properties, I've killed two of these in a two week period. I'm not sure of the species, but I think it's a Fox Snake. They are varmint eaters, so normally I wouldn't kill them, but the two I got were making a bee-line to the house.

Funny thing is, this isn't a common snake around here. 4 years ago I was trimming around a pond and found one 6 feet long. Two days after killing this one, I traveled two hours to the farm I'm from, and observed one close to my dad's house.

It's just not a species of snake you see around here or in the state, and I've seen three this year. Must be due to the excess rain we've had the last couple of years.

Snake!.jpg

Snake!.jpg

10. White Gardens

It has rained 4 inches of rain here over the last three days. So, I took a trip to Lincoln Il to my sign guy to finally get the Blue Bomber lettered up. I needed to get it done to be legal (I have commercial plates).

Since I bought this truck 1.5 years ago I've..........

Replaced over 400 dollars in front end parts
    Replaced the transmission.
    Replaced the starter.
    Replaced rotted fuel lines.
    Replaced the alternator.
    Replaced the water pump, including hoses, tranny cooler, radiator, etc...laced two leaf spring hangers.
    Re-built the rear differential. (previous owner messed it up)
    Started painting with a rust converter on the frame, under-bed, and sub-frame to stop the rust.

On the list, in order I'd like to get it done,

Complete front Brake Rebuild
    RABS valve removed and a proportioning valve installed to compensate.
    Sandblast, prime, paint the dump bed, rims, and a new front bumper.
    Replace Rag-Joint, steering pump, steering box.
    Rebuild rear brakes with a disk-brake conversion.
    Find a used 6.9 diesel motor to swap with original.
    Have the cab re-done.
    Get the ac re-done.
    Rebuild the rear leaf pack and hangers I haven't done.

I only paid 3,000 for the truck, dump bed, and plow, and I don't have a payment. So re-building this beast has been fun and worth it. Hopefully by this time next year it will be done, and I won't have to do too much else to it. It also helps to get most of the parts fairly cheap.

It also helps to have a neighbor who is a certified mechanic at the local Peter-Built shop.Thumbs Up

TruckSign1.jpg

TruckSign2.jpg

Hanger1.jpg

TruckSign1.jpg

TruckSign2.jpg

Hanger1.jpg