White Gardens

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by White Gardens, Apr 28, 2009.

1. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Mulch job looks good.

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Ya, that was some crazy weather they had. I talked to my father who lives west of here and they still haven't got the crops in the ground yet.

It seems like there have been pockets around the state that have had some major rain. Luckily we've been in one of the drier areas, and yet we are still 3 inches above normal for the year.

Your complaint about mowing is one of the main reasons that I feel lucky enough to not have much of a mow route. The rain has been making it hard enough to keep my landscaping schedule going, and to fit only 3 yards in to mow once a week has been hard enough. If I had 30 mow accounts I wouldn't get anything done without hiring a strait mow crew.

Come on up and hang out for a day if you like, I have no problems letting someone help me for free. :laugh: Thanks for the compliment too. Thumbs Up

3. White Gardens

Beach is coming along slowly but surely. We had rain last Saturday so I finished two of my three lawns yesterday morning. Then I got a good start on the wooden sea wall :laugh: for the rope swing.

The wood was chosen for safety purposes and gives the owner the opportunity to attach a bumper of some sort to the wall for extra padding. We don't want little Johny going on the rope swing for the first time and not letting go.

The mini and excavator attachment rocks. Took me only 5 hours of solid work to build the wall. I still have a few more cuts to make and I want to round the corners off on the top edge.

Rain set again today also. Got done with the worst of the wall right before it started raining. Expecting strong storms and up to 1 or 2 inches.

Wwall1.jpg

Wwall2.jpg

Wwall3.jpg

Wwall4.jpg

Wwall5.jpg

Wwall1.jpg

Wwall2.jpg

Wwall3.jpg

Wwall4.jpg

Wwall5.jpg

4. White Gardens

Final pics of the day.

Wwall6.jpg

Wall7.jpg

Wwall7.jpg

Wwall8.jpg

Wall7.jpg

Wwall7.jpg

Wwall8.jpg

Wwall6.jpg

5. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

White Gardens, down here by Decatur we have rain right now. Calling for it tonight, tomorrow, friday, saturday, and sunday! Are you guys getting this also?

6. White Gardens

Not as much as I thought we were supposed to get today. It seemed to fizzle out some as it came over us. I might have gotten some more work done today but it would have been a bit muddy as we had a tenth or two of rain. Calling for more tonight, but we'll see.

At least I took the time to go get my eyes checked as I was out of contacts and needed a new prescription.

7. White Gardens

Still working on the beach. The rain is killing me..............................

8. CSL&L

CSL&L LawnSite Senior Member

This weather we have had sucks hard

9. White Gardens

Yep, and another chance of rain tomorrow and Saturday. I just got started on my edging and partial wall today. The goal is to be done with that part of the project by Saturday.

Have you guys been able to get any landscaping done Banda? I've got a list a mile long and more phone calls lately.

10. CSL&L

CSL&L LawnSite Senior Member

Unfortunately not. Our list is about a month out. We are having trouble just keeping up with maintenance with the amount of rain that we've had let alone try to start new installs.

Amazing work as always man!