White Gardens

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by White Gardens, Apr 28, 2009.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Banda. Thumbs Up

Here are some photos from last week when I got the base dug out. I just hadn't had time to upload the photos.

Wwall9.jpg

Wwal11.jpg

Wwall9.jpg

Wwal11.jpg

2. White Gardens

Here is the progress from yesterday. The wall block is a reasonably uniform block cut into 3 feet sections. On my run I alternated between a cut block and one whole one. The reason being to break up the uniformity of the blocks and help to match with the smaller cut blocks in the wall itself. It doesn't look like much of a wall on the ends, but I still need to cut out the soil on the beach side to expose it more.

Wwall13.jpg

Wwall14.jpg

Wwall13.jpg

Wwall14.jpg

3. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

This swim beach is going to turn out great. You have a knack for seeing things that customers would like.

4. White Gardens

The owner actually came out today and said she loves the way it's turning out so far. I also think it's going to look pretty good in the end.

I got the one wall done today. It seemed like it took forever. I hate working with natural stone as you really have to be careful of your courses in order to make sure the top comes out fairly well.

I've come to the conclusion though that it's hard to make a natural stone wall completely flat on top. I came reasonably close with this one. Not the greatest for the top, but the wall it self looks great.

The left side of the wall actually curves back towards the bank. In the photo it looks like a dip in the wall, but it was just my angle.

Wwall15.jpg

Wwall15.jpg

5. White Gardens

Rained 1.5 inches on Friday night. Another rain Sat. night. Rained Sunday afternoon. Rained yesterday morning, small rain yesterday afternoon. Rained again last night, and now raining again as we speak............................

6. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

This Illinois weather is gettin real old, real fast aint it? haha

7. twcw5804

twcw5804 LawnSite Senior Member

3.10'' in Decatur before 1pm today. Flooding everywhere.

8. White Gardens

It's absolutely ridiculous. I can't get anything done, at least consistently.

More rain in the forecast for the next 36 hours or so.

9. White Gardens

Well, at least in between the rain storms I have been able to get some work done, though only in 3-5 hour increments.

Right now I'd say we've had about an inch to an inch and a half of rain fall in the last hour or so.

Wwall16.jpg

Wwall17.jpg

Wwall18.jpg

Wwall16.jpg

Wwall17.jpg

Wwall18.jpg

10. twcw5804

twcw5804 LawnSite Senior Member

I find the little toy CAT tractors in the pic hilarious. Makes it look like your doing all the work with a kids toy tractor LOL. Your doing a good job keep the pics coming, wish I was there to see it. Another night of rain, I think you got more than me this time. The storm died out as it got to macon county.