White Gardens

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by White Gardens, Apr 28, 2009.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

damn, i hear this is common. i am sorry man, so glad you made off with yourself

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Ya, I'm OK, just a few singed hairs.

Me too, the rush of air that hit me when the fuel ignited was pretty intense.

Mower manufactures need to come up with better clamp on their hoses to keep this from happening.

3. YardFarmersLLC

YardFarmersLLC LawnSite Member

I was just wondering why it did not return to the side of the house in these pics??

4. White Gardens

Not sure what you are talking about. The Garage is attached to the house so a strait line from the sidewalk to the garage worked out.

I still should have finished off that last course though.

5. YardFarmersLLC

YardFarmersLLC LawnSite Member

It looked like in that last pic that the wall ended out a few inches out from the corner of the house. Maybe my eyes are bad? =) either way, it looks nice.

6. White Gardens

I see what you mean now.

Basically I wanted a bit of a gap. The wall would of ended up hitting the siding on the garage. If it was a foundation, or brick wall, I would have butted it up tightly.

Thanks, Thumbs Up

7. kb9nvh

kb9nvh LawnSite Senior Member

I've never heard of one of these catching on fire before??? :)

8. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Not only is it not the first time I've heard of it happening, it seems like everytime I hear about it its a dixie chopper. Is yours a dixie chopper?

9. kb9nvh

kb9nvh LawnSite Senior Member

My comment was "tongue in cheek"...So far, aside from my scag which I think was the newest of all the flamers, I've heard of a Gravely and now a dixie chopper. The dixie (white gardens), knows for sure his fuel line came loose so it was either an old line or loose clamp or both.
    The Gravely was hella old so fuel line issues should be on the short list of things to keep ahead of.

There was a guy in Carmel Indiana who died from his mower that caught fire. I still don't know what brand that was. He was the maintenance guy for the school system up there.

Anyone know of any others??

10. jelgan

jelgan LawnSite Member

Dixie Chopper? We just had a guy in Indianapolis died from the same thing--and a DC