White Gardens

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by White Gardens, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Cloud9Landscapes

Cloud9Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ca

Looks good! But I do have a prejudice against those NDS pop-up drainage emitters. IMO a french drain system should always be ran into a gravel pit like a drywell or a cesspool. Ideally it should be ran to the street where it can drain into the gutter. That is not always possible due to existing hard scapes.

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Ya, in this case there is no way that I could have gotten to the street. The area all runs down hill and the top of my wall drainage would have been somewhere around 20 inches below the curb.

There is some crazy drainage in the neighborhood. There is no sump pumps in the houses in the area (which is unheard of around here), and there is drain tiles running in between each house.

I did add extra holes in the end of the pipes of the pop-ups and put 6 inches of rock underneath them.

I seriously doubt that the wall drainage will ever pop up the drain, but the other one for the downspout is a gusher. It is all the water on that side of the house. It would take at least a 50 gallon barrel sized pit to hold all the water that comes out there.

I do know what you mean though, I personally don't care for them either, but they do come in handy in situations like this.

3. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

a lot bigger then 50 gallons my friend
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. White Gardens

Oh, I'm sure. Just trying to paint a picture.

5. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

You do awesome jobs with your hardscapes. We are trying to do more hardscaping ourselves. We really like you work. Keep it up.

6. White Gardens

Thanks, it's a lot of hard work. Walls tick me off because it seems like they take forever to do right. Everything else is usually fairly easy.

I should have the job all but finished tonight. I need to do 45 feet of brick edging for the path, and lay the rest of the flag and river rock. I need to go do some maintenance on a couple of accounts this morning to stay caught up on those, so I'm not sure if my supplier will still be open to get the rock I need to finish tonight, so I'm guessing tomorrow I will be finishing it up.

I'm getting excited about the plantings. Even though it won't be until next spring, I'm starting to get a visual on the final product and I can see where things will and can fit.

The place definitively needs some plantings and color to break up all the rock and the wall.

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

as always, i love your work, and is exactly how i would want it done if to hire, do or have my workers do a project like that. i dont get enough into it as i am mainly on the turf side of things besides landscape maint.

8. White Gardens

Thanks Grassman. Thumbs Up

Close to done, should be done tomorrow by noon.

I got the brick edging in, but the curve is bugging me. It seems a little off. If I leave it, I'm hoping that the rock and path will draw your eye from the curve.

During29a.jpg

during30a.jpg

during31a.jpg

during32a.jpg

during33a.jpg

During29a.jpg

during30a.jpg

during31a.jpg

during32a.jpg

during33a.jpg

9. White Gardens

and the final pics of the night.

during34a.jpg

during35a.jpg

during36a.jpg

during34a.jpg

during35a.jpg

during36a.jpg

10. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

As again white gardens really nice..hey thats my wheelbarrow lol..for a while looked at it..im like it looks very similar to mine i think we have the same one 90% sure lol.