1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

White Gardens

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by White Gardens, Apr 28, 2009.

1. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

nice 98-01 3500hd? dump

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

It's an 01. It's a great truck for me, except it's lacking 4wd. It came with an under the tailgate salt spreader, central hydraulics, and a 10 foot fisher trip edge plow. That and it was built by a local truck builder who beefed up the suspension and such.

Got a great deal as ISU was unloading it last spring when they replaced it with a new F-550 (which I want) with 4wd and a replacement tailgate salt spreader. I think new they paid 50k for the 550.

3. White Gardens

Wall finished, back fill today and schedule the asphalt company to come in and re-surface the area between the wall and driveway.

limewalla.jpg

limewalla.jpg

4. KE-llc

they paid a lot more then 50k for a truck up fitted like that. yah 2wd sucks but with weight in the bed you'll be fine...with that setup you should try and sub for your town plowing or sub for a guy with some large commercial lots, you should be able to pull in between $100-120 an hour with the salter and 10' plow.

the chevys didnt offer 4x4 in their HD 3500s until I believe 02/03??

5. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

They didnt offer it factory but monroe makes a 4x4 conversion for them. If you have the $$ thats one badass truck!

6. White Gardens

That might be something to look into.

7. KE-llc

if you want to spend like $10k haha

8. White Gardens

Na, I'd do it myself and come up with the parts. I probably could do it for 2k.

9. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Wow that wall looks so nice,nice job again white gardens.looks great.

10. White Gardens

Thanks man. I love the look of natural stone, but I hate the mortaring you have to do to make it.

That thing shouldn't go anywhere. There is geo-grid holding it in place, 4 inches of concrete for the footer around the culvert, and two 4 inch holes, 18 inches deep filled with concrete on each side of the culvert, all on the clay layer that is there.