White Gardens

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by White Gardens, Apr 28, 2009.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

After photos.

Nothing crazy cool, just cleaned it up to look better. I'll be taking better photos in about 4-5 weeks when everything starts to pop and fill in.

The first photo is the right side of the front entrance. In the center is a larger perennial hibiscus with large red saucer shaped flowers. Also a couple of clumps of hostas were split and placed around the hibiscus.

Hollafter1(b).jpg

Hollafter2(b).jpg

hollafter3(b).jpg

Hollafter1(b).jpg

Hollafter2(b).jpg

hollafter3(b).jpg

2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Gardens what software are you useing?

3. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey looks nice you got my vote on the poll to!

4. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

Hey you got my vote! You do great work and it is nice to see how you do it also.

5. White Gardens

Pro Landscapes by Drafix. I use the image editor primarily, and honestly haven't had to do a planner/blue print style design in 5 years as there hasn't been any request for one.

Thanks for the votes guys! Too bad I didn't get to be a finalist. That out-door living space looked great and it's hard to compete against something like that.

I might enter the next couple of rounds too just for giggles. I know there are lot of guys on this site that have done more detailed an intricate work, so at least it good to know I lost to an excellent project.

I'm just waiting for someone to request an outdoor space also. I've got a lot of neat ideas I would like to incorporate into an outdoor living space. In our Market, there isn't a lot of people that would want one and I feel it primarily due to our climate and conditions. It's hard to keep them looking nice and not deteriorate due to the harsh winters we can get.

6. White Gardens

Nice little mulch job earlier this week. Took a day total. Just involved cleaning up the beds of old light mulch material, re-cutting the edges, and placing new mulch.

Half of it went fast, the other half sorta slow because I had to surgically placement of the mulch in some areas as the HO had ground-cover that I didn't want to cover up and a few places where they have perennials that they are trying to self seed and spread.

I also ordered my first semi-load of mulch from a supplier in the state to try it out. Don't know if I like it or not. Seems to have a bit bigger chunks in it than I like. It also hasn't been aged much at all, but that seems to be the norm right now as every supplier in the state is complaining that they are shipping out so much mulch that they haven't had a chance to let it sit at all. Regardless, I'll have plenty left over in my pile to turn it and let it decompose some more and hopefully darken up some. When this load is gone, I might try a different supplier until I find a good one I'm happy with.

Wood1b.jpg

Wood2b.jpg

Wood3b.jpg

Wood4b.jpg

Wood1b.jpg

Wood2b.jpg

Wood3b.jpg

Wood4b.jpg

7. White Gardens

Last before photos of the job.

Wood5b.jpg