White Gardens

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by White Gardens, Apr 28, 2009.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

No. But I would say that it's one of the best looking ones I've seen any of my competitors do. They did a great job.

2. Lance712

Lance712 LawnSite Member

Yeah I really like that design.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

WG- Stop playing with the sidewalk chalk during jobs!!! :laugh:

4. White Gardens

Good Eye! The kids of the home decided they needed to play a bit! Thank god it wasn't a dead body. HA!

5. White Gardens

Been a while since I posted, so I thought I'd bump it up so this thread doesn't die.

Busy, Busy, Busy. A few minor installs, mulch installations, lawn applications, edgings, mulch bed tillings.... The list goes on.

Some pics coming soon.

Also, the owner of the Farm House is going ahead with at least one hitching ledge and also wants to dress up the front steps with some wall block and limestone caps. :clapping:

Drainage project slated for next week also. Phase one of a patio project. Not sure if the patio will be done this year or not though.

6. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

It will be good to see your thread active again, I love to see your work in progress, I learn a lot from your thread. I got a new to me truck for my business a couple of days ago. I will be updating my thread soon with pictures of it included. Talk to you later, David

7. White Gardens

Lets see here. Lets start off with a couple of mulch tilling pics.

MulchTb.jpg

MulchTBefore(b).jpg

MulchTafter(b).jpg

MulchTb.jpg

MulchTBefore(b).jpg

MulchTafter(b).jpg

8. White Gardens

Job I completed 1.5 weeks ago. Picked up this client through a bit of advertising that I've been doing. Direct Marketplace- I had a 2 yards of mulch free installed with a minimum of 6 yards per job coupon that I received two jobs from. There was also a 1/2 price landscape design coupon, but I have not had any calls for that. The first job I showed recently on this thread and this is the second job I did.

There was a lot of add-ons with this job. He has had some other work done by other companies in the past from what I could tell. (at least for the mulch applications and back-yard lawn renovation.) He had been wanting to make changes but work has tied him up so he has gotten behind on some landscaping projects.

The HO liked my coupon and I did some pop-up drain repairs to make them work correctly again. Had to move some small blue junipers from the front to the back, add an Alberta spruce and one more blue juniper. (the name of the juniper is escaping me right now.) Transplant a couple of bushes. Re-install some boxwoods, extend a bed, install new plants, Trim shrubs by hand etc..

The Stihl tiller is getting a major work-out this year. Glad I replaced the bearings otherwise I would have trashed it by now.

Bed depth expanded by 18 inches or so. I just re-set the flagstone with only having to cut a couple of them. No mortar, just dry laid. The HO might change that bed again down the road as I tried to talk them into making one whole bed that incorporated the pine tree.

Walt1b.jpg

Bed edges cut with the tiller head. Even ran on the inside of the existing flagstone edging.

Walt2b.jpg

Walter3b.jpg

Walter4b.jpg

Walter5b.jpg

Walt1b.jpg

Walt2b.jpg

Walter3b.jpg

Walter4b.jpg

Walter5b.jpg

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  9. White Gardens