1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

white grubs and Merit.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cantoo, Apr 10, 2000.

1. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

The local dealer says to use Merit for grubs, they have no idea of price and don't have any yet. I called them again today, still no further ahead. They are a large company that does mainly farm products but are getting some turf stuff for me. I'm trying to price jobs and have no idea what is the best product to use. Some books say to add it to the fertilizer, is this the best/easiest way to apply it?
  2. 0-0-7 w/merit $45US bag covers 12,500 sq ft.<p>You do the math not cheap.<p>This product with the merit on a fert pellet<br>is much easier to spread than the straight product.<p><p><br>
  3. PLS

PLS LawnSite Member

Even if you tank mix and spray Merit is expensive. But it's good. You might check on Mach 2.
  4. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

What formulation? Assuming granular, not a good idea to mix it yourself with fert. Will not get good, even distribution. Also would be waste of chemical, because not all areas of every property are susceptable to grubs. Big guys want $65 to Merit my lawn. I can do areas needing it for $2 of product.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana
  5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

They gave me a price of Can$130 and covers 22000 sq ft. I was planning on spot spraying but not too sure, I might be better off doing everything to make sure I don't waste time and product.
  6. PLS

PLS LawnSite Member

$5.90 per/M. I'd keep lookin.<br>