White Lithium Grease

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by LawnmowerMan80, May 27, 2006.

1. LawnmowerMan80

LawnmowerMan80 LawnSite Member

Is white lithium grease acceptable for my Exmark, or must it be red grease. It's brand new and I was just curious. My wifes uncle picked it up for me....just wondering if I can save the trip to return it.

tony

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Color doesn't mean anything as long as it's for high temps. and it states for high speed bearings.
    And yes high speed high temp. grease can be used to lube chassis parts as well so one will lube all.

3. oldrustycars

oldrustycars LawnSite Senior Member

my company supplies different colors of grease at different times to make sure the operators are using the half hour they are paid to grease machines is used properly. if that weeks color is red, and the machine has blue on the zerks....BUSTED!

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I have used nothing but EP Hi-Temp Moly grease for quite sometime, but recently decided to try Castrol's EP Hi-Temp Agri-Grease made for dusty, high temp farm conditions since that mirrors some of the conditions we are cutting in with this lack of rain.

It is green grease btw, I figure only because green is Castrol's main color on their branding.