1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

White Outdoor LT 1650 42 in.???

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Trim-man, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Trim-man

Trim-man LawnSite Member

Hey Guys,

Getting new equipment.. What's the scoop on this mower? I've read good things about it in a Consumer Reports magazine.

I'm a residential house owner with about an acre of grass to cut.

Anyone know where I can get a deal on a new one in GA or a state close by or what do you guys recommend I buy?

thanks,

2. Trim-man

Trim-man LawnSite Member

3. amrupp

amrupp LawnSite Member
    from buffalo

Trim-man -

DON'T BUT IT.

Residential, one acre - buy a nice commercial 48" walk-behind, add a sulky if you want. You'll spend around the same amount (assuming the walk-behind is used, in nice shape) and cut your grass in less time. Could consider a used ZTR but that's overkill for 1 acre. Also would cost you more. The WHITE will not last as long as a decent commercial WB unit, and the commercial cut will be far superior.

Hope this helps.

4. Trim-man

Trim-man LawnSite Member

Hey amrupp ,

Thanks, any particular model # and brands to buy new or used?

Looking to spend as less as possible of course, but maybe $1,500 to $2,000 should get me a nice unit??

I like the ZTR, but it is about $3,000 or more.

Excuse my ignorance, what is a sulky?? One of those things you stand on with wheels behind the WB.

Thanks,

5. amrupp

amrupp LawnSite Member
    from buffalo

I can't quote any specific model #'s, but look in your area for a used Exmark, Toro or Hustler WB. I think most people will have these at or near the top of their list. $2 K should just about do it, may have to spend a little more. But it's WORTH it.

Sulky, velke, power slide, jungle wheels - they're all sit-on or stand-on attachments to a WB. For one acre, you might not think they're worth it.

6. Trim-man

Trim-man LawnSite Member

Thanks,

I'll check around ...:)