Who’s had a good or bad experience with a customer’s dog?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tradeyouraccounts, Jun 16, 2009.

1. tradeyouraccounts

tradeyouraccounts Banned

Who’s had a good or bad experience with a customer’s dog? A while back I got bite on the butt by a Labrador and I thought these were friendly guys and seems the smaller the dog the crankier they are!!
  2. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Almost every encounter with an animal on a customer's property is negative.
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I would have to agree, because I'm there to do a job.

LBLC_LCO LawnSite Senior Member

Trimmers make good weapons, if need be. But if you're mowing...not sure how you could make that work? Pop a wheelie and spin in circles?
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

All the dogs I run into are scared chitless when I come racing in with the motor at full rpm's...as soon as the blades are engaged...I never see em again.

Smart dogs around here I guess.
  6. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Years ago a customer came home extremely angry with us while we were in her back yard. She had a doberman pincher with her and she said we left the gate open and it escaped, luckily she found it three streets over while on her way home. She was ready to fire us, especially after I repeatedly told he that the dog was not there when we arrived. Five minutes after she went in the house she came back out with her head down and told us that the dog she found was not hers and her dog was in the basement the whole time. I wanted so badly to say "I told you, you stupid bi#@h"
  7. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

WOW! Topsites agreed with me. That made my night, I'm going to bed.
  8. blumpkinator

blumpkinator LawnSite Member
    from nj

im friends with every dog in town lol.. one white lab comes out and lays there while you blow him with the br600.. the other ones just distract me for 10 minutes wanting to be pet and played with..
  9. tjlco

tjlco LawnSite Senior Member

I was VERY close to using the .38 one day....I managed to climb the fence instead

MS_SURVEYOR LawnSite Bronze Member

I LOVE that story! That dobe 3 streets over must have though woman was CRAZY!!!:laugh:

I'm a land surveyor who cuts his own grass. I don't have many problems with dog. I see one and I try to make friends. If not, his owner. If that don't work I get some what ugly, not wanting to hurt the dog. Hoping there's only one of them, and the lady of the house don't come out to help me. Now when she comes out, the dog(s) are on the job!!!

ps; my wife has a few stories about me, dogs, and her on the job. But I really don't think I was there.:laugh: