1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who accepts payments online?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JimMarshall, May 3, 2013.

1. JimMarshall

JimMarshall LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW PA

And how do you do it? What service are you using? Is it linked to your invoicing? Does the customer have an individual log in and password? Can they see past payment history? View invoices? What methods of payment are accepted? Check? Credit Card? Paypal? WOuld you recommend the service to another?
  2. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I use Jobber. My emailed invoices include a link that the customer can click and pay me thru PayPal.
  3. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

We have done online payments using paypal and authorize.net and paypal is much easier to set up. If you do alot of volume through online payments I would get your own merchant account though. Paypal transaction fees are about 3x more than a merchant account. You can set the option for customers to pay the fees on paypal also.
  4. JimMarshall

JimMarshall LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW PA

I would be looking for a way for customers receiving paper invoices to pay as well. Is it an actual link that they could type into their browser?
  5. topturfhsv

topturfhsv LawnSite Member

We started using quickbooks this year and it has worked great. We invoice the customer by email and in the body of the email is a link to pay online. We only accept electronic check and so far all of our customers use this with the exception of a few older customers who still write a check. It's pretty simple for the customers....they click the link, log in, their check info is saved from the first time they entered it, and click pay. I've had several customers tell me this year that they never knew it could be that easy to pay for lawn care. Also, the reason we accept e-check and no credit cards is simply costs......50 cents per transaction for e-check and the credit cards were usually double or triple that. There's lots of good ways to accept payments this is just the way we do it...hope it helps.
  6. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Been using Quickbooks online for years now and just started using online payment option 4 weeks ago. Link on onvoice for customer to pay. Only .50 per payment, with nothing to set up for the payment program, to the customer. Customers LOVE this option.....and so do I. We no longer mail invoice and I have only had to deposit 6 checks in the last 3 weeks, due to online payments going directly to my bank account. Also started taking credit cards. Best decision yet.
  7. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

For the guys using quickbooks, what are you using to manage service schedules?
  8. kandalawncaremgr

kandalawncaremgr LawnSite Member

Hey I used your advice from a few weeks ago and signed up with jobber, Man its easy and well worth the money. I spent a year looking for a good software and I wish I would have signed up last march. Thanks Creative Lawncare
  9. kandalawncaremgr

kandalawncaremgr LawnSite Member

You can also print them on paper, sign up for the free trial, I did and really like it..i tried four different programs in the last year, and im really happy with this
  10. tinkerlawn

tinkerlawn LawnSite Member

Quickbooks here for online payment. We e-mail customer invoice with the online payment link. They can then either create an account with username/password or bypass that option and just pay any/all outstanding invoices they have. QB then zeros out their balance, my bank register is updated, and funds are in my account in a day or two. $0.50 for electronic check and 3.25% for cards. I've gotten excellent feedback from customers and noticed that with this online pay option they usually pay within 7 days of receiving invoice. I mean personally I pay all bills I can online first before I get out the dreaded check book, envelope, and stamp. Quickbooks to me cost an arm and a leg every year but there is no way I could get to where we are today without it.